Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
May 19, 2017
Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk says Tesla vehicles will soon play “snake jazz or Polynesian elevator music” out of an external speaker. Tesla added external speakers in 2019 to be used for pedestrian warning sounds. The concern is that electric vehicles produce less noise, so pedestrians may not be alerted to a car approaching. Automakers have...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2020/08/23/tesla-cars-to-sound-pedestrian-warning-with-snake-jazz/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

Mikedrives

Jun 5, 2019
Evanston, IL
Last line says, "you have to remember that he promised fart sounds from Tesla horns and made it happen."

Did they mean he promised fart sounds inside or actually from the horn? Don't tell me I've been driving around in a car that can broadcast farts and I haven't been using this. The interior speakers fart all I want, but the horn? Is this available in the Model 3? Made sometime in March 2019...

• Funny
Reactions: EVNation and PACEMD

Dec 22, 2014
UK
In the current climate I would have said the sound of coughing or sneezing would get more peoples attention.

You could also have it in sentry mode to scare people away from damaging your car. When the car detects people approaching it too closely a cough or sneezing sound could be made.

Bob Denny

Feb 20, 2020
Mesa, AZ
I want access to it. Is this for the stupid "government requirement" that resulted in our new Hybrid Highlander making a god-awful screeching sound when in reverse? Anyway I want access so I can play Cardi B's WAP (<== WARNING NASTY) while shopping at Sprouts ha ha.

• Disagree
Reactions: Ctein

imacgyver

Aug 26, 2020
Bermuda Dunes. California
Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk says Tesla vehicles will soon play “snake jazz or Polynesian elevator music” out of an external speaker. Tesla added external speakers in 2019 to be used for pedestrian warning sounds. The concern is that electric vehicles produce less noise, so pedestrians may not be alerted to a car approaching. Automakers have...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2020/08/23/tesla-cars-to-sound-pedestrian-warning-with-snake-jazz/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

My new Model Y Performance has no external speakers mounted to use for PWS sounds. I removed the lining of my right front wheel well, and saw and empty mount with holes facing the ground that the sound is supposed to come through. I thought that all EV's had to have a PWS installed by September 2020. Is that incorrect?

Reactions: philw1776

DS8819

Aug 7, 2020
North West UK
personally I would like it to be a simple PA system, allowing the driver to make their own (appropriate) warning.

Or have selectable bespoke 'canned messages' selectable by the driver via the touchscreen.

Reactions: PACEMD

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC