Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

bpobill

Feb 2, 2018
USA
It's not just pedestrians but also cyclists that have trouble hearing EVs. Some sort of approaching sound would be awesome; no microphones, please. Cyclists already get enough vehicle harassment. And before you sound off about crazy cyclists, know that I founded a women's cycling club and coaching business in Portland, OR where we work tirelessly to promote safe and legal biking practices among our members! There. Hopefully we can stay on topic with EV speakers. Admittedly, I kinda opened the door :O

Pedestrians hate cars and cars hate pedestrians. But everyone hates cyclists. Some of the most annoying people out there.

Mr X

Future Martian
Jan 18, 2013
Simi Valley, CA
Pedestrians hate cars and cars hate pedestrians. But everyone hates cyclists. Some of the most annoying people out there.

And these guys

Harley-People.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Siromnom

MarsOrBust

Sep 25, 2020
Kepler-22b
Pedestrian Warning System sound sucks, I know we can disconnect it but I wish it was something the user could change the sound file on. You would think this is in the interface somewhere.

I could go for the Ice Cream Truck sound once in a while.

• Funny
Reactions: LionXng

bpobill

Feb 2, 2018
USA
A few months ago won hinted at fart noises from it.

it’s just a speaker. Wouldn’t be hard to change the noises on it. Not from the screen, you would need a separate controller.

CyberGus

Not Just a Member
May 5, 2020
Austin, TX
Pedestrian Warning System sound sucks, I know we can disconnect it but I wish it was something the user could change the sound file on. You would think this is in the interface somewhere.

I could go for the Ice Cream Truck sound once in a while.

I want my Tesla to play the "Ice Cream Truck" music, so that I can see the disappointed look on the kids' faces when they realize "awwww there's no ice cream"

MarsOrBust

Sep 25, 2020
Kepler-22b
Think I will pipe in Ice Cream truck music and troll the parks in Austin. ;)

P.S. Nice D M C !
I had one way back when the first came out. Stuck out then and I bet it still does.
I think the CyberTruck will do the same.

• Love
Reactions: CyberGus

Elliott 151

Stealth Performance AWD FSD White on Black, 18"
Nov 7, 2019
Los Altos, CA
In today's Christmas Day 2020 update, it says that I can use a USB to upload a custom horn sound to Boombox. Has anyone had success doing this? I configured a USB with a file named Boombox, into which I have my mp3 audio file. This was plugged into the data port that I use for the security cam. I cannot get it to show up on the horn sound directory in Boombox. Any ideas?

Reactions: LionXng

itgKIRA

Oct 11, 2020
Ottawa
Also haven't had any luck with this! I tried partitioning my drive separately - but no luck. The mp3s show up as media in the media player, but dont show up when trying to select them in Boombox

Mansley

May 15, 2019
Toronto, Canada
In today's Christmas Day 2020 update, it says that I can use a USB to upload a custom horn sound to Boombox. Has anyone had success doing this? I configured a USB with a file named Boombox, into which I have my mp3 audio file. This was plugged into the data port that I use for the security cam. I cannot get it to show up on the horn sound directory in Boombox. Any ideas?

Not sure yet. Maybe have to save the files in a “boombox” folder. Similar to how Teslacam was before in-car formatting.

Going to try this whenever I get pushed the new update. Still waiting to literally Rick Roll people...

Reactions: Sam1

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC