Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

sjdicristo

Jul 9, 2020
Bellmawr
I can see the drive and files names. When I preview no sounds are coming out of the speaker. The Tesla files do work. But my files play on the inside speaker. Not the external. Any ideas?

• Love
Reactions: itgKIRA

sjdicristo

Jul 9, 2020
Bellmawr
Awesome vid! Got it working sortve - the songs now show up, but when I play them they only play internally and not on the outside speaker. The built in sounds work properly on the outside speaker as does "Play current media" - but the custom sounds aren't. Anyone have this issue?
Yeah, I'm having the same issue. Not sure why.

hyru123

Dec 26, 2020
California
Awesome vid! Got it working sortve - the songs now show up, but when I play them they only play internally and not on the outside speaker. The built in sounds work properly on the outside speaker as does "Play current media" - but the custom sounds aren't. Anyone have this issue?

I replaced my horn with a custom sound and am having the same problem. A temporary solution I found was to adjust the volume (left scroll button) right after pressing my horn. There's something weird going on with the volume settings when playing the custom sounds.

MarsOrBust

Sep 25, 2020
Kepler-22b
Well we now have Boombox and my understanding is we can add our on sounds.
My understanding is we need a folder labeled "Boombox" and I think the limit is 5 sounds but I am not sure what type of sound files nor how long they should be. I think a sound that can play in a smooth loop would be ideal.

Has anyone tried adding sounds yet?

MarsOrBust

Sep 25, 2020
Kepler-22b
Great video Terry!!!
Wish I saw your video first on partitioning for a Music drive, also a Mac guy and I knew how to partition but was not familiar with Tesla Specific file system. Too bad the simple solution of creating a "Boombox" folder does not work. Right now I have a 500GB SSD drive split in two with one side for Music and the other for TeslaCam.

So now what?
Can I have an SSD with 3 partitions? I don't think so, at least I have never tried that.

Other option is to use another USB port for the Music files and split the TeslaCam USB with Boombox.

Huskyfan

Nov 25, 2019
Seattle
Can u add a different sound for just reverse?

will the horn sounds work while driving? I tried replacing the horn sound on pressing the steering wheel. Every time I put it in drive it turned off the ability to play a different sound via the horn button.

MarsOrBust

Sep 25, 2020
Kepler-22b
Hard to believe one has to have 3 partitions if you want TeslaCam, Boombox and your own Music files.
Why would Tesla not allow one to have it all on the same drive is crazy.

jeremymc7

Feb 3, 2013
U.S.
Small point but it is the same drive but different partitions on the same drive. Three separate folders, instead of partitions, would seems more logical. But I’m sure there has to be some logical reason.

MarsOrBust

Sep 25, 2020
Kepler-22b
I agree, not very useful. I was also looking for a replacement and not a sound I have to turn on every time.
My Mosquito Noise does work when I want to go stealth mode at least, just have to turn it on every time.

damageprone

Oct 29, 2020
Las Vegas
Hard to believe one has to have 3 partitions if you want TeslaCam, Boombox and your own Music files.
Why would Tesla not allow one to have it all on the same drive is crazy.
For whatever reason, sentry and dashcam doesn't overwrite old data and forces the user to reformat once it is getting full. If everything were on one drive, it would reformat all three folders each time.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC