Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla cars used in charity events (Raffles, lotteries and competitions. Buyer beware)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
....what am I missing?

Nothing; you couldn't buy tickets anyway.....

Tickets may be sold and purchased only in British Columbia.

A non-resident of British Columbia may purchase a ticket only if the entire payment transaction takes place while the person is in British Columbia and if the ticket or a receipt is issued at that time.
Tickets or receipts will not be distributed to, mailed or otherwise sent to a non-resident’s third-party address in B.C.

I was thinking of putting in a "free 2013 Model S P85 with 10,000 miles" included as an incentive for marketing a house I'm looking to sell (and, of course, having the asking price be commensurately higher). My realtor dissuaded me, saying no one would want to go for that. I capitulated, but was rather disappointed at her lack of imagination - I thought it could be an interesting selling point.

I was thinking of putting in a "free 2013 Model S P85 with 10,000 miles" included as an incentive for marketing a house I'm looking to sell (and, of course, having the asking price be commensurately higher). My realtor dissuaded me, saying no one would want to go for that. I capitulated, but was rather disappointed at her lack of imagination - I thought it could be an interesting selling point.

Indeed.

Wouldn't the problem be getting the house to appraise at the higher price?

Wouldn't the problem be getting the house to appraise at the higher price?
Possibly. Two points: the location has a minuscule # of comps, and numbers are all over the map; second, this is very much a cash market - not one typically associated with taking out mortgages. Nevertheless, it may be that you have a point....and it absolutely may be that that was the realtor's mindset.

The one in that latest raffle is a basic 60kWh with no extras; odd thing is that the prize details don't even stipulate it as being new, just that it's a 2014 car.

Does seem strange that they list the most basic model. Perhaps the car is not ordered yet and the winner could elect to upgrade the car at the time of order. Seems somewhat logical since, if they did own a "stripped" S60, most would just opt for the cash instead and they would be stuck with a car that nobody wanted.

UK TV company to take on Route 66 in a Tesla

Press Release:

TV Company Motors for Macmillan
Route 66 - The Ultimate Challenge

London via LA to NY, 1st September 2014

A British TV production company is aiming to raise £250,000 for Macmillan Cancer Support by taking part in a "challenging road trip across the USA."

Jamie Branson, Chairman of View TV Group, is joining forces with his colleagues at Only Motors - a production company within the Group - to drive from LA to New York via the famous Route 66. The idea is to make 12 TV programmes in just 12 days.

The event, which was dreamt up by Branson, kicks off with a flight from London in 21st September, 2014. Once in the States, the drew will steer across the star spangles continent, stopping off to make various TV features every day.

Branson said: "This is undoubtedly going to be a challenging road trip across the USA. But it'll be worth it. Macmillan has supported both me and my family over the past couple of years, and various members of the team have benefitted from Macmillan's support when they lost relatives to cancer. Consequently we all felt compelled to support all charities fighting the effect of this deadly disease."

The entrepreneur added: "Being in the media means we're clearly able to raise awareness about cancer, and as we're all about cars at Only Motors, we can do it in an entertaining, imaginative way."

"We'll be covering 4,000 miles of tarmac in not just any car - it'll be an electrically powered motor. But the real test is completing more than 100 scenes of film shoots while we're out on the road and at our pit-stops."

The challenge has been separated into 12 days, visiting 12 towns and cities as follows:

21st September - Day 1 - London to Los Angeles
22nd September - Day 2 - Los Angeles to Las Vegas
23rd September - Day 3 - Las Vegas to Holbrook
24th September - Day 4 - Holbrook to Alburquerque
25th September - Day 5 - Alburquerque to Amarillo
26th September - Day 6 - Amarillo to Tulsa
27th September - Day 7 - Tulsa of Springfield
28th September - Day 8 - Springfield to St Louis
29th September - Day 9 - St Louis to Chicago
30th September - Day 10 - Chicago to Indianapolis
1st October - Day 11 - Indianapolis to Pittsburgh
2nd October - Day 12 - Pittsburgh to New York

For the detailed plan of each city visited, including stop locations, local features and evening entertainment, please see Route 66.1 - The Ultimate Challenge - Only Motors

Some money raised for Macmillan by Only Motors' 'Route 66 - The Ultimate Challenge' will be through sponsorship of the vehicle. There is still time for companies to help.

To find out more please contact:

Jonathon George
Commercial Project Manager
Only Motors
0203 137 2900
07961 725548
[email protected]

About Only Motors

Only Motors is a motoring television production company with a web, mobile and tablet viewing platform at Only Motors - Dedicated to Motors. The team at Only Motors produces more than 100 pieces of video content per month and over 100 fresh news stories per month to provide a one stop interactive portal for motoring and entertainment in the UK.

About Macmillan

"When you have cancer, you don't just worry about what will happen to your body, you worry about what will happen to your life. At Macmillan, we know how a cancer diagnosis can affect everything and we're here to support you through. From help with money worries and advice about work, to someone who'll listen if you just want to talk, we'll be there. We'll help you make the choices you need to take back control, so you can start to feel like yourself again."

No one should face cancer alone. For support, information or if you just want to chat, call Macmillan free in 0808 808 00 00 (Monday to Friday, 9am-8pm) or visit Macmillan Cancer Support

Only Motor media contact:

Tim Barnes-Clay
Car Reviews and Features Editor
Only Motors
0203 137 2900
07949 106155
[email protected]

ENDS
###

Sounds highly suspect.

Why would a legit company issue a "press release" with such BAD English?

"The event, which was dreamt up by Branson, kicks off with a flight from London in 21st September, 2014. Once in the States, the drew will steer across the star spangles continent, stopping off to make various TV features every day."

Sounds highly suspect.

Why would a legit company issue a "press release" with such BAD English?

"The event, which was dreamt up by Branson, kicks off with a flight from London in 21st September, 2014. Once in the States, the drew will steer across the star spangles continent, stopping off to make various TV features every day."

Well, I took a stab at it and emailed them about their dates in St. Louis. I will report back if I ever hear from them. What I found most interesting is the fact that they never mention which car they are driving cross country on their website. I would assume a Tesla, but they only state "electrically powered motor car".