Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla CCS adapter activated in North America with 2021.40.6 software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Awesome!

Cant wait for sales to go live on the site. I may only need it once a year but I do need it!

Reactions: KJD and kayak1
Are you visiting us from the future?
While it's true that Tesla doesn't actually do "model years", the VIN encodes a date of manufacture. And for reasons known only to the legacy auto industry cabals (seriously, this really looks like they took existing marketing practice and stuffed it into a number no one ever sees, sigh...), that date is specified forward of the real date by something like three months.

So while to Tesla cognoscenti it may not make sense to talk about "A 2022 Model 3", it's not technically incorrect.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
While it's true that Tesla doesn't actually do "model years", the VIN encodes a date of manufacture. And for reasons known only to the legacy auto industry cabals (seriously, this really looks like they took existing marketing practice and stuffed it into a number no one ever sees, sigh...), that date is specified forward of the real date by something like three months.

So while to Tesla cognoscenti it may not make sense to talk about "A 2022 Model 3", it's not technically incorrect.

I was really hoping the new EV companies would squash that practice.

Tesla. It is listed as an unrestricted part and should cost $150.
Maybe I’m just an idiot, but I found no way to purchase a part from the parts catalog website, unless I wanted to fill out a form and describe my “shop” (with pictures and insurance information) of which I don’t have. I did not find “how to buy tesla parts” easily google-able, could you please explain in more detail how to purchase these parts? Also, there appears to be a gen 3 and a gen 4 version of this part, anyone know if both generations are compatible with North American 2019 M3s?

Maybe I’m just an idiot, but I found no way to purchase a part from the parts catalog website, unless I wanted to fill out a form and describe my “shop” (with pictures and insurance information) of which I don’t have. I did not find “how to buy tesla parts” easily google-able, could you please explain in more detail how to purchase these parts? Also, there appears to be a gen 3 and a gen 4 version of this part, anyone know if both generations are compatible with North American 2019 M3s?
You just have to open a service request via the app and put in the notes that you want to order a part and provide the part number. I think gen4 is the one that supports CCS.

• Informative
Reactions: kayak1 and thedanl
Gathering some information for others that are interested: typing in the part # to eBay will come up with several hits. There is the gen 3 part: 1092755-98-D, on eBay some seem to also have a 1092755-99-D (images of the part confirmed this I think). Then there is the gen 4 part which is 1537264-00-B.

We have reports of someone using the adapter on a refresh Model S and getting 211kW:

Welp, get excited for Tesla’s adapter. I’m on a 2000 mile route that is almost all v2 superchargers, and the old 120kw supercharger in this town was also full, but meanwhile I’m just over here doing 200+kw at an empty EA station. Xoxo.

399acca5-dcde-4644-af64-45bc03f740e6-jpeg.742901

Note: Model 3/Y won't get this rate because they have a lower voltage battery pack.

• Informative
Reactions: Jeff N
We have reports of someone using the adapter on a refresh Model S and getting 211kW:

Note: Model 3/Y won't get this rate because they have a lower voltage battery pack.
I’d be ecstatic if we could pull 490A with the CCS adapter though! So many areas along interstates only have a v2 suc with a 350 kW EA nearby, makes charging that much faster and possibly cheaper in some cases.