Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla CCS Adapter officially confirmed coming to US soon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like @teslacharging tweeted the following:
The kicker here is this:

The official Tesla Charging twitter account has said "Available soon in North America". But I've heard that some previous year model Model 3's don't have the communications equipment to talk to CCS chargers, and it wasn't added to North America cars until 2020 or 2021. So I might be out of luck in my 2018 LR RWD.

So watching this video:

It appears Model 3/Y didn't start getting the PLC modem needed for HomePlug Green PHY communication for CCS until 2020 sometime, possibly 2021. The CCS adapter is a passive adapter, whereas the CHAdeMO was an active. I wonder how Tesla will enable us with pre-2020 cars that are not equipped with the PLC modem to use the CCS adapter?

Reactions: bobby g
Heres my auction right now: Tesla CHAdeMO charge adapter (US Version) part# 1036392-10-D | eBay

Listed this morning, and its already at 560 with 3 bids on a 3 day auction. hah.

But heres some more information:

You can see we're up to a GEN4 on the Charge Port ECU, Here's the part numbers for a model 3:
1092755-98-D <--- Gen3
and
1537264-00-B <--- Gen 4
Both of those are for the NA market.
And right on the parts website: https://share.getcloudapp.com/yAu047K2

I shared this in the other CCS thread as well. My prediction is that there will be a mobile service option to upgrade the Charge Port ECU to Gen4 for a small cost (maybe $150-$200 extra?).

Looks like @teslacharging tweeted the following:
The kicker here is this:

The official Tesla Charging twitter account has said "Available soon in North America". But I've heard that some previous year model Model 3's don't have the communications equipment to talk to CCS chargers, and it wasn't added to North America cars until 2020 or 2021. So I might be out of luck in my 2018 LR RWD.
That would be too ☹️

Heres my auction right now: Tesla CHAdeMO charge adapter (US Version) part# 1036392-10-D | eBay

Listed this morning, and its already at 560 with 3 bids on a 3 day auction. hah.

But heres some more information:

You can see we're up to a GEN4 on the Charge Port ECU, Here's the part numbers for a model 3:
1092755-98-D <--- Gen3
and
1537264-00-B <--- Gen 4
Both of those are for the NA market.
And right on the parts website: https://share.getcloudapp.com/yAu047K2

I shared this in the other CCS thread as well. My prediction is that there will be a mobile service option to upgrade the Charge Port ECU to Gen4 for a small cost (maybe $150-$200 extra?).
any idea where this Gen4 is located?
I recently had Tesla Mobile SC change out my charging port/ because the door was flakey. Its an M3 Dec 2019 (considered 2020). I wonder if the new charging port (which the guy say was of a newer design) includes whats needed for CCS1...