Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla CCS Combo 1 Adapter - Comparison of Just a Few Possible Storage Options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I was thinking that it was a pad that fits over the TPC plug part to protect the car's finish from getting scratched? (Totally just guessing.)

Whatever, I totally want it! :)

My only “gripe” is that I did not receive the mysterious pink thing in the mesh pocket shown in the Haumio photos online. What is that thing (inside red circle)?

Just to be clear, it's the pink thing I'm talking about (in Post #51). 'Cause it also looks like there is a "Thank You" business card in the photo.

Oh- No I did not get the pink thing-looks like foam- can’t figure what it might be, but it just may be you put it on the J1772 adapter while using it, so as not to forget it?? Guessing…

Put it on the adapter to prevent rain from running into the Tesla socket. ??

I use one of these and it slides up against the port.

Turns out staff at Harumio saw these posts and have been trying to communicate by email with me about the "mysterious pink thing." But my (cheapo) email system was putting their email messages in my SPAM folder. Here's what Harumio says:

"The function of the <pink sponge-like> item is preventing the car from getting scratched when using the <adapter>.
The product does not currently come with the case, but we are taking into consideration the possibility of including it."

and, later:

"The function of the item is preventing the car from getting scratched when using the adapter.
The product does not currently come with the case, but we are planning to include it for free soon!"

So just another example of Harumio's good customer service (and my poor email system--YAHOO email; you get what you pay for, HA!).

Don't mean to sound like a broken record, but I continue to be impressed with Harumio's excellent business sense. At $309 (US) still the best and easiest way to procure a Tesla CCS1 adapter, imo.

I haven't seen it discussed, but since the Harumio website appears to cater mostly to young, seemingly often female (Korean) adults and teenagers with its (amusing, to me; an old, male American) collection of graphic novels, clothes, toys, et cetera, I can only assume that someone at Harumio drives a Tesla, saw a need and opportunity, and had the sense to expand their wheelhouse into a brand new retail area.

So glad they did. (Again; receiving no compensation of any kind for my comments/promotions.)

Reactions: BonB
..."The function of the item is preventing the car from getting scratched when using the adapter...

Another use: As others have mentioned, having a brightly-colored thing on a black adapter--especially if it will fit on the small, easily overlooked J1772 adapter--will help visually remind drivers to remember to pull the adapter out of the socket before driving away from a charging site. And you definitely don't want to leave your expensive CCS1 adapter attached to a charging cable at a CCS station, right?

For my part, I was surprised to find that my car will drive quite nicely with a J1772 adapter still in the charge port. No apparent harm done. But definitely something best not to do, normally.

Another use: As others have mentioned, having a brightly-colored thing on a black adapter--especially if it will fit on the small, easily overlooked J1772 adapter--will help visually remind drivers to remember to pull the adapter out of the socket before driving away from a charging site. And you definitely don't want to leave your expensive CCS1 adapter attached to a charging cable at a CCS station, right?

For my part, I was surprised to find that my car will drive quite nicely with a J1772 adapter still in the charge port. No apparent harm done. But definitely something best not to do, normally.
FWIW, with most J1772 plugs you can press and release the latch and pull them both out at the same time. WIth the chargepoints, its almost impossible to forget at this point, since the j1772 adapter won't fit in the chargepoint holder.

...what Harumio says:

"The function of the <pink sponge-like> item is preventing the car from getting scratched when using the <adapter>.
The product does not currently come with the case, but we are taking into consideration the possibility of including it."

and, later:

"The function of the item is preventing the car from getting scratched when using the adapter.
The product does not currently come with the case, but we are planning to include it for free soon!"...

Harumio sent me some of these things (see photo). Being a little slow, I still am not sure how to use a cushion with the CCS1 adapter, but at least I have a colorful choice. :)

Harumio foam cushions

Your lucky- I asked them to send me one (since I did buy the CCS Adapter and case), and they said NO. Even when I offered to pay for it?:mad:

You want one? Send me your address by pm/dm. I'll stick it (brown, black, or white?) in a mailer and send it (no padding needed :D).

(I can also offer a case (discounted) to hold CCS1 adapter.)

FWIW I just took delivery of a delayed Harumio package yesterday - CCS-1 Adapter and their S3XY Case - and it included a blue pad. I know this precedence does not establish a trend or a new policy, but it's possible that newly-fulfilled case orders may include this.

IMG_20220624_124126211_HDR.jpg

Curious - I'm reading about how the pad is intended to be used but can't visualize it. Does someone have any experience and can describe physically how things are to be assembled or, failing that, just post a photo of what you think Harumio means?

Last edited:
FWIW I just took delivery of a delayed Harumio package yesterday - CCS-1 Adapter and their S3XY Case - and it included a blue pad. I know this precedence does not establish a trend or a new policy, but it's possible that newly-fulfilled case orders may include this.

View attachment 820558

Curious - I'm reading about how the pad is intended to be used but can't visualize it. Does someone have any experience and can describe physically how things are to be assembled or, failing that, just post a photo of what you think Harumio means?

I don't have one and have only been looking at the pictures, but I had the same question. I don't see how it would fit in a way that protects anything.

I have looked at the photos. I have received explanations from Harumio. I have read the posts. I even received some pads from Harumio to try. And I still don't understand them. :)

I think that they go on the Tesla portion of the adapter and create a soft buffer between the exterior of the charging port and the adapter.
It would absorb some of the weight of the adapter/charging handle/charging wire weight.

I have found using the CCS adapter that it is a lot heavier and bulker than the slim Tesla charging plug.
Not sure how much weight load the charging port is supposed to carry.

• Helpful
Reactions: tps5352
I think that they go on the Tesla portion of the adapter and create a soft buffer between the exterior of the charging port and the adapter.
It would absorb some of the weight of the adapter/charging handle/charging wire weight.

I have found using the CCS adapter that it is a lot heavier and bulker than the slim Tesla charging plug.
Not sure how much weight load the charging port is supposed to carry.

I'll just have to remain dumb and confused. But at least now I have a pink pad to go (unused) in my Harumio case. :)