Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla CCS Type 1 Adapter from Tesla Korea

shaunkim

Dec 20, 2019
Seoul, Korea

After few attempts to place an order, I've finally received my CCS Type 1 adapter. Tesla Korea announced that they would provide a standard charging adapter for Tesla owners in Korea by end of the year. And there was a third party that developed it beforehand. I didn't want to risk it, and it turned out to be a worth of waiting for.

Based on the price and the wattage, the adapters from Tesla are priced at 7kW/90USD. J1772 costed me about 100 USD, and CHAdeMO costs 400 USD, and it is known to only provide power up to 40kW. SETEC's price was pretty reasonable, assuming it would provide up to 100kW with its CCS Type 1 adapter.

Now the game has changed. Tesla Korea's CCS Type 1 adapter can charge over 100 kW at 250 USD. And it is much lighter and smaller than SETEC's; it fits inside the center console.

I don't know when they'd be available in the US, but it is definitely worth to wait for.

MP3Mike

Feb 1, 2016
Oregon
Someone with a refresh 2021 Model S has confirmed that it lists CCS adapter support as enabled in firmware 2021.40.6:

721174-c83a13f8b4297fa91c8a47c14f1d5fa8.jpg

Yup. Supported.
View attachment 735471

(This picture from my car is also making the rounds on Twitter)

So it will be interesting if someone that has imported the adapter from Korea could try it on one of these newer vehicles with current firmware.

After few attempts to place an order, I've finally received my CCS Type 1 adapter. Tesla Korea announced that they would provide a standard charging adapter for Tesla owners in Korea by end of the year. And there was a third party that developed it beforehand. I didn't want to risk it, and it turned out to be a worth of waiting for.

Based on the price and the wattage, the adapters from Tesla are priced at 7kW/90USD. J1772 costed me about 100 USD, and CHAdeMO costs 400 USD, and it is known to only provide power up to 40kW. SETEC's price was pretty reasonable, assuming it would provide up to 100kW with its CCS Type 1 adapter.

Now the game has changed. Tesla Korea's CCS Type 1 adapter can charge over 100 kW at 250 USD. And it is much lighter and smaller than SETEC's; it fits inside the center console.

I don't know when they'd be available in the US, but it is definitely worth to wait for.
I’d like to order one of the Korean CCS Tesla adaptors. Could you tell me how you ordered yours? Thanks

Reactions: kayak1 and mcsenerd

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC