Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla CCS Type 1 Adapter from Tesla Korea

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
was
Using DELIVERED Korea along with ordering with my Tesla account on the Tesla Korea shop netted a Tesla CCS1 adapter for me. It did require some experimentation and creative use of Google Translate to get the right parts of the address in the right boxes. Note the caveat that it only works for 3 and Y - not for S and X.
A possible reason why it has not been released in North America (just thinking) is that maybe Tesla wants to try it in a limited market to make sure the greater weight of the CCS cable and plug do not damage the car's power socket.
did you have any issues with your credit card not processing the transaction? I’ve tried using my Amex and visa, neither will go through.

You may want to look at this thread. I ordered my Tesla CCS1 adapter which took only 6 days for me to receive from Korea. In Canada you will pay about $318 US for the unit and then about another $70 CAD in taxes and duties. You can use Paypal which makes things much simpler as opposed to trying to get a credit card to work in Korea. CCS Adapter - ?

Someone with a refresh 2021 Model S has confirmed that it lists CCS adapter support as enabled in firmware 2021.40.6:

721174-c83a13f8b4297fa91c8a47c14f1d5fa8.jpg

So it will be interesting if someone that has imported the adapter from Korea could try it on one of these newer vehicles with current firmware.
1652232189139.png

1652232201170.png

22 Model S LR running 2022.12.3.2. Was about 75% SOC so that charge rate is normal for that level. Will test at 10-30% SOC to see the limits eventually.

Reactions: 1laker
I was able to successfully order mine (shipment still pending) through Tesla Korea website. I’m using DELIVERED KOREA as my shipment forwarder. I used Google chrome in incognito mode with translation to English enabled. Logging is somewhat easy, the issue I was having was at checkout out. I had to tweak the address provided by DELIVERED KOREA to fit the suite number into the address. My credit card would fail, but it wasn’t due to a decline. I had to manually enter in my credit card info at the checkout page. It was a bit difficult because Google translate wasn’t working on that page so I had to copy and paste into Google translate to figure out what info it was asking. I did all this through my desktop. I’ll update once I get the shipment.

I was able to successfully order mine (shipment still pending) through Tesla Korea website. I’m using DELIVERED KOREA as my shipment forwarder. I used Google chrome in incognito mode with translation to English enabled. Logging is somewhat easy, the issue I was having was at checkout out. I had to tweak the address provided by DELIVERED KOREA to fit the suite number into the address. My credit card would fail, but it wasn’t due to a decline. I had to manually enter in my credit card info at the checkout page. It was a bit difficult because Google translate wasn’t working on that page so I had to copy and paste into Google translate to figure out what info it was asking. I did all this through my desktop. I’ll update once I get the shipment.
That sounds a lot like my experience. I now have the CCS adapter in my hands. I had some confusion at the DELIVERED website about whether I needed to repackage the shipment (I didn't really) but it all worked out in the end.

Received it yesterday, tested it out at a local ChargePoint. Worked amazingly! Now that harum is selling it without needing access to your account it’s a no brainer to go that route if anyone is interested.

Reactions: thedanl
I should add... I live in Nova Scotia where there is only ONE super charger in the entire province. I can't get a chademo adapter so I'm left using the crappy J1772 adapter which is useless when tryign to travel around the province... If anyone could help track down a CCS I'd be very grateful!
I have a Setec CCS adapter that I've discovered isn't compatible with my '13 S. I'd be happy to sell it to you for $300 if your car is CCS compatible.

Do you know the price of adapter if you are in Korea? How much did you pay? A non-Tesla site is charging $325 delivered to USA. My Cousin lives in Korea and he is coming over to USA. I was thinking of delivering to his address in Korea, or making him buy the adapter.
Thanks

Do you know the price of adapter if you are in Korea? How much did you pay? A non-Tesla site is charging $325 delivered to USA. My Cousin lives in Korea and he is coming over to USA. I was thinking of delivering to his address in Korea, or making him buy the adapter.
Thanks
something around $270 USD. Honestly going through the freight forwarder sites makes it so much easier now. Its worth the additional cost to get it over here in one piece and fairly quick.

Reactions: kayak1