Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla CCS1 Combo Adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The main issue with using CCS adapter is for colder weather, you can not force the car to pre-condition the battery so charging can be painfully slow at a CCS station. The work around is to point your car to a tesla supercharger and get the pre-conditioning going and use your phone navigation to the CCS station. Otherwise having this adapter greatly reduces the range anxiety especially in regions with a limited number of superchargers

I tried to order the CCS adapter today, cancelled the reservation and got one that is in stock, and it says my car will need a retrofit. It's a 2023, shouldn't it be good to go using it? Or am I trying to order it too soon and I should order after I pickup my car?

Yes - connect the adapter to the over sized ccs plug first - then insert the two of them into your charge port. It has a pin that locks the big connector to the Tesla adapter and then the car locks the connected unit to the car itself. The only trouble I have is that I have to go to the dash and push the 'unlock charge port' button when I'm finished charging. (Maybe I'm doing something wrong?) I've used the adapter several times already since I purchased it back in September.
If I am not mistaken, when you are unplugging. hit the button on the CCS charging cable without pulling just like how you would with tesla plug when unplugging hitting that circle button. Wait for 2 seconds or when you hear the click, then pull out the plug it'll remote the CCS 1 adapter along with the charge plug and then you remove the adaptor and it'll close the charging port.