Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla CCS1 Combo Adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My buddy kindly shared about this today:

Tesla CCS1 Combo Adapter

Ordered ours yesterday and it shipped today :)

Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 4.19.43 PM.png

Reactions: BonB
Question.
Besides the Tesla Super Charger station, are there any public charging stations / points that can charge a tesla directly without an adapter? That has the same plug configuration as my model S ?
If you are talking about DCFC that has been answered above. For L2, your car comes with J1772 adapter which can be used at all public L2 charging stations.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
Download plug share from the APP store or display the charging locations either on your phone or the screen display in your vehicle
Once you have plugshare app installed, you can filter by CCS charging locations. Then read actual user comment and reviews. You'll find using them is in a different universe from Tesla chargers.

Do you homework before the first time you need to use one. Depending on the company (such as Blink, EA, chargepoint, etc.) you'll have to initialize them. then give some payment method. Some take credit cards at the station, some want you to use their own app, some have a card with a chip you need to purchase. Sometimes they are cranky and you have to call the company to get them to reset or authorize your charge session.

Makes you appreciate Tesla "just plug in and it works."

Reactions: Brolan
Important question. Does it lock the CCS plug to the adapter so assholes can't just yoink it out? I know you can get locks for the normal adapter to keep people from doing that.
I used the CC1 adapter at the FPL Evolution Chargers on the Florida Turnpike. They are located next to the Tesla chargers. The FPL Evolution chargers are 350kWh vs the Tesla 250kWh chargers and are cheaper at $.30kWh
I never had a problem nor did I worry about it. I have Sentry enabled when I travel.

Attachments

• Tesla FPL 350 kwh Chargers IMG_9440.JPG
    Tesla FPL 350 kwh Chargers IMG_9440.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 55
Important question. Does it lock the CCS plug to the adapter so assholes can't just yoink it out? I know you can get locks for the normal adapter to keep people from doing that.
Yes - connect the adapter to the over sized ccs plug first - then insert the two of them into your charge port. It has a pin that locks the big connector to the Tesla adapter and then the car locks the connected unit to the car itself. The only trouble I have is that I have to go to the dash and push the 'unlock charge port' button when I'm finished charging. (Maybe I'm doing something wrong?) I've used the adapter several times already since I purchased it back in September.

Last edited:
I used the CC1 adapter at the FPL Evolution Chargers on the Florida Turnpike. They are located next to the Tesla chargers. The FPL Evolution chargers are 350kWh vs the Tesla 250kWh chargers and are cheaper at $.30kWh
I never had a problem nor did I worry about it. I have Sentry enabled when I travel.
I've also found that most of the CCS chargers are a bit, if not substantially less expensive than the Tesla Super Charging network.

Reactions: WNC-MY and howardnj
Yes - connect the adapter to the over sized ccs plug first - then insert the two of them into your charge port. It has a pin that locks the big connector to the Tesla adapter and then the car locks the connected unit to the car itself. The only trouble I have is that I have to go to the dash and push the 'unlock charge port' button when I'm finished charging. (Maybe I'm doing something wrong?) I've used the adapter several times already since I purchased it back in September.
Gotcha. Thank you for letting me know.

Reactions: WNC-MY