TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla CEO Says He's Proving Car Maker's Critics Wrong

Discussion in 'News' started by PaulM, Aug 4, 2010.

1. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#2 TEG, Aug 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016

2. ChargeIt!

ChargeIt! Member

Mark this Stardate -312408.77860223234 in your calendars.

Congratulations, TEG! You have reached the mythical 6,831 posts !

Attached Files:

3. edo

edo Member

Quick someone printscreen! ( I can't (easily), I have a mac)

4. ChargeIt!

ChargeIt! Member

Here you go ... and the Stardate give us absolute frame of reference.

Attached Files:

5. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

Very interesting article and interview. Elon and Tesla Motors has a very good plan and the capital in place to reach the mark of bring the Model S to market.

It seems that the only thing that slow down or kill the Model S are Americans not understanding the product & the potential, Tesla Motors itself and a failure in the supply chain.

I get more and more excited as the TM moves closer to the launch date.

6. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

edo...at the risk of getting *WAY* off topic...you can do a printscreen on Macs using Command + Shift + 3 (select area of screen) or Command + Shift + 4. I think there are other key combinations as well :).

7. EVNow

EVNow Active Member

What ? Its the customer's fault for not buying ?!

8. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

EVNow... exactly. I'm sorry if I left a little gray area there.

9. shark2k

shark2k Member

#10 shark2k, Aug 5, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
    Considering that Tesla has not really done any advertising for the Model S, it is a little ignorant to go blaming the consumer. Yes, in an ideal world consumers should be doing a lot of things differently (one being doing more research than some people do). But still, Tesla has done near nothing advertising wise for the Model S. Hell, I am not even sure how much advertising they have done for the Roadster, I know I have never seen a commercial of ad for it.

Also, do not take my post as blaming Tesla. They know they have about 1 1/2 to 2 years before the car comes out. They do not want to start advertising and having the general public think that the Model S is going to become vaporware, because consumers will either think that or totally forget about a product with that big of a time frame. They will probably start doing more advertising when they get 6 months to a year out from releasing the car.

P.S. I mean no offense to you in my post, just stating my opinion. I also could be misinterpreting your response to EVNow.

-Shark2k

10. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

Shark2k... its cool because I love what Tesla Motors is doing and I want to see them become successful. Moreso, I want a Model S in my driveway. :)

11. PopSmith

PopSmith Saving for a Model 3

@shark2k, the only advertising I've seen for the Roadster is a couple of scans posted here and a few banner ads online. As for the Model S, you are correct. Tesla hasn't advertised the Model S because they currently only make money from the Roadster. Your timeline for advertising the Model S (six to twelve months before it's release) sounds logical and accurate to me.

I'd bet that Tesla has at least some timeline for advertising the Model S planned out, it's just a matter of hitting a few targets before advertising commences.

12. shark2k

shark2k Member

Yeah, I am thinking because they are hoping to sell a lot more of the Model S than the Roadster they want to make sure they are less likely to have delays so they do not piss people off. I remember reading on here about the Roadster having some pretty big delays and I am sure they do not want the same things to happen with the Model S after they start advertising it.

-Shark2k