Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla certified body shop recommendations in the DC/Maryland area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have any recommendations for a Tesla Certified body shop in the DC/Maryland area?

Preferably, close to Bethesda/Rockville.

I know tesla now has a body shop in Rockville. Has anyone been there?

I appreciate any recommendations for a skilled body shop that mostly works on high end cars.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a Tesla Certified body shop in the DC/Maryland area?

Preferably, close to Bethesda/Rockville.

I know tesla now has a body shop in Rockville. Has anyone been there?

I appreciate any recommendations for a skilled body shop that mostly works on high end cars.
Total Recon on Lofstrand Lane is fantastic! Best body shop I’ve ever used. Authorized Tesla body shop and far superior to others in the area. 5***** rating. Brought my car to Kenwood in early February for estimate. Seven months later still haven’t contacted me. Took it to Recon last month—got it back looking brand new. Also repaired something that Kenwood estimated at more than $2000. Total recon did it at no cost! And that was before I authorized the more significant body work.

Yeah, I used Kenwood and they did do good work.

However, they’re a bunch of puds from a customer service standpoint.

1) They didn’t make a serious attempt to call me to discuss painting my entire front bumper as opposed to just blending the paint job. “We called you and didn’t get an answer.” “You have my cell phone, why didn’t you call it?” Blank state from the guy….

2) During the accident the drivers front tire was destroyed. It was replaced by me and I told them so. Kenwood replaced it even though it was brand new… and they replaced it with a DIFFERENT tire model.

The repair was done well, but they are a crap at communicating.

I got an estimate from Kenwood the other day. $2500 and a 2 month wait for a minor repair. Ouch.

Total Recon is a pain to even set up an estimate.

I guess these guys have more work than they need.

I am still looking.