Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Chademo Adapter - Brand new

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Chademo Charging Adapter - Brand new in box, factory sealed, never used.
For charging your Tesla on Chademo chargers at up to 50KW charging speeds. Works with Chargepoint, EVGO, etc. for fast charging.
Not available at Tesla anymore, hard/rare to find them. Sells for a lot more on eBay. Send me your best offer. No low balling.

Also not a hard/rare to find item, as they ARE still available to order at Tesla...

I think that they have been sold out a lot recently on the Tesla website, either continuously or on and off. Would potential buyers be willing to pay $450? That's what I paid for mine, plus tax (my Tesla Account shows the purchase record). I got mine in 2020, but now that I finally have my new Tesla I have never used the CHAdeMO adapter and suspect that I never will need it. (Located near Sacramento, CA, USA.)

DM me if this is still available (I can't DM you for some reason)

Mine is available. Near Sacramento. It is out of the box, but new and never used. Stored in nylon case (from Amazon).

You can't DM/PM people because you are new member, I bet. Not sure how long that lasts.

In early 2020 Tesla was selling these for $450 + tax.

Last edited:
Mine is available. Near Sacramento. It is out of the box, but new and never used. Stored in nylon case (from Amazon)...In early 2020 Tesla was selling these for $450 + tax.

Cancel that. Upon further reflection, I am going to hold onto my CHAdeMO adapter. I don't want to be part of the current "gold rush" on these right now. Plus, all it would take is one charging "emergency" someday to make the investment worthwhile.

I suspect that Tesla will re-issue these (for $400). For those still looking, (a) don't fall prey to unscrupulous "scalpers" who jack the price up to ridiculous levels, (b) be sure to have Tesla email you when they are available again, and (c) when you eventually get one consider using a nylon carry-case to keep the adapter safe in a car's trunk.

I purchased the one I use new in 2020 for only about $20 on eBay: it's a NcStar CV2910 32" PVC Padded Tactical Rifle Shotgun Gun Black Case/Bag.
1630976424041.png

Nothing special, but it was relatively inexpensive, protective, and convenient, and the CHAdeMO fits well in the 32" case (meant for small, break-down rifle/shotgun). You can get something like it on Amazon or eBay. (Otherwise the Tesla cardboard box gets beat up over time, stored in a trunk, or the CHAdeMO adapter by itself can get scratched and worn from dirt and abrasion.) I got what turns out to be this great idea for a makeshift CHAdeMO carry case from posts on this forum, like:

Protective Case for CHAdeMO Adapter.

Last edited:
Chademo chargers are available from Tesla ( 09/30/2021) website $ 400 plus tax.

I just looked (10/01/21, 11:34 am, Pacific Time) and it says "Out of Stock." I had put in a request for an email update from Tesla (I'm looking on behalf of someone else), but I received no email from Tesla. More ominously, the button to request an email is not there anymore.

What more can you tell us? Were you able to order one?