Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla changed Delivery date again. Can I delay taking delivery to Dec 27

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my car at noon at Burbank. Accepted delivery and then the app would not sync. There were three of us and apparently a new issue so they manually unlocked the car and off we went. Got home and called Tesla support and apparently there is a problem with the app refreshing and they are working on it. No ETA but he thinks it should work tomorrow morning. I also just finished applying the Muguier Ceramic Detailer spray. Below are a few observations.

1. After spending 1.5 hours, the paint is perfect. I can't find any flaws, wow.
2. The gaps are all fine with the exception of a slight gap in both rear doors.
3. The driver's door doesn't shut easily and definitely have to use force and will need it adjusted. The passenger front is fine.
4. Yes it has Michelins....yay.
5. My steering wheel is off center....annoying but one of my pet peeves so definitely will have to have that corrected.
6. No rattles and drives great.

I said goodbye to my Model 3 P/Stealth two months ago and those 68 days were the slowest 68 that I can remember.View attachment 743003View attachment 743004View attachment 743005View attachment 743006
That MR2 looks so small. I love those cars.

Thanks everyone for their inputs. I talked to one of the reps in Tesla. They were perfectly fine to put the hold for 30 days from Dec 7th to Jan 7th. However he did ask me a question
- Is this your first Vin allocated? I said yes
btw my order date is Sep 5th with actual delivery date scheduled for Nov 28th which Tesla rescheduled to Dec 7th
Lol, I guess the lesson is after you reserved a Tesla, don't plan any vacation. My scenario is a bit different. I ordered a Model S, got a 3 month wait estimate. Then the delivery estimate moved up to 2 months. I proceeded to apply for loan which was approved for 90 days. 90 days later, no car. Loan expired. The estimate moved again to Jan-Feb. I applied again and got another approval. The date now moved to March-April. This is my 3rd Tesla. Never had this before. Also, does anyone know you can only apply auto loan through Tesla? I tried to get pre-approval from several bank and they all sent me back to Tesla.

Lol, I guess the lesson is after you reserved a Tesla, don't plan any vacation. My scenario is a bit different. I ordered a Model S, got a 3 month wait estimate. Then the delivery estimate moved up to 2 months. I proceeded to apply for loan which was approved for 90 days. 90 days later, no car. Loan expired. The estimate moved again to Jan-Feb. I applied again and got another approval. The date now moved to March-April. This is my 3rd Tesla. Never had this before. Also, does anyone know you can only apply auto loan through Tesla? I tried to get pre-approval from several bank and they all sent me back to Tesla.
Keep it as third party financing and when you get the VIN then apply. I did Tesla financing too and got approval. I’ve got my credit unions approval just in case timing goes so slow. If you don’t have a credit union then best to wait until you get your VIN so your credit doesn’t take another hit

Same here. EDD changed from March/ April to December. Stayed in December until Christmas day, so we went to local Tesla to see if we should expect the car in December, they said yes, applied for loan got approved, got insurance quote and then EDD moves back to March/April. I am just irritated that we applied for the loan. I don't want multiple hits on our credit score.

Same here. EDD changed from March/ April to December. Stayed in December until Christmas day, so we went to local Tesla to see if we should expect the car in December, they said yes, applied for loan got approved, got insurance quote and then EDD moves back to March/April. I am just irritated that we applied for the loan. I don't want multiple hits on our credit score.
The dates will likely move back up. I’m watching my loan approval dates too mostly because I don’t want the rates to go back up.

Reactions: MOM4
I just had this exact scenario happen to me, over the Thanksgiving holiday.

Order date was 7/28, and My EDD was narrowed to 11/18-11/20 after I had completed payment and was 'ready for delivery'. I was out of town from 11/14-11/27. Unfortunately Tesla would not hold the car for more than 3 days, and my SA informed me that they would release the VIN to another person waiting.

My SA tried to help me, and he even suggested someone local to my area could pickup the car for me (Tesla offered to do power of attorney and send me the documents to get printed and signed by a notary). But in the end none of those options worked, and they released the VIN.

Now my EDD is 1/1-1/29, which I am not happy about. My SA believes I may take delivery earlier, in December, but again the official status says January.
I'm not sure that's really the exact same scenario. The OP says he's already paid in full; in a case like that I'd expect the service center to be willing to hold it on the lot for an extended period of time. But who knows?