Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Changed Loan Last Minute

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had a zero balance due this entire time, and even confirmed this on the phone today when I confirmed my delivery in 2 days. Then out of the blue I just received an email to review my Tesla Loan Offer and I now have a balance owed.

Upon inspection they lowered my monthly payment and have an upfront amount due... what gives?? Will have to call them tomorrow but hopefully someone has insight?

So, got a txt my MY getting built today. Then an email from Tesla to review my loan. My rate jump up from 1.86% to 3.5! Also my remaining balance jump up by 1k.

I email my SA and surprisedly, She reply instantly and CC the rematchRate team.

After a hour, they adjust it back to 1.86.

And they lowered my financed amount down 1k! WTF.

i email them back. Pls adjust my original finance amount too.

1.86% for how many months. Decent rate, only offered me 2.24% 72 months

72 month.

started 2.5 from Tesla. Found a CA EECU offer 1.86 for month of AUG. So I apply from EECU to get Tesla to match it.

FYI. Tesla team were able to fix my rate, adjust my loan amount too.

If you're looking at EAP or AB, u can actually ask Tesla to increase your loan (2k or 4k or both!), save your cash instead of paying it on your app with your CC. For ex, I ask for 35k for the car. I could ask for another 2k so I won't have to pay up front for the AB if I decide to buy it from the app. Just saying, im still deciding.....

I placed my Model Y order on Friday. Chase called me on Saturday for some more info. Approved me later in the day. But... interest rate of 3.04%, not the advertised 2.49% for a 36 month loan. Did a little digging locally and I can get low 2's , I think. Last credit score (a couple of weeks back),I was >800. Why would it go up?

Also - my bad on my trade in form as I neglected to fill out the payoff on my current vehicle so this approved loan is for $11K not, $50K like it needs to be.

I didn't accept the loan terms and emailed my advisor to help me. Hopefully this doesn't slow down the train!

I placed my Model Y order on Friday. Chase called me on Saturday for some more info. Approved me later in the day. But... interest rate of 3.04%, not the advertised 2.49% for a 36 month loan. Did a little digging locally and I can get low 2's , I think. Last credit score (a couple of weeks back),I was >800. Why would it go up?

Also - my bad on my trade in form as I neglected to fill out the payoff on my current vehicle so this approved loan is for $11K not, $50K like it needs to be.

I didn't accept the loan terms and emailed my advisor to help me. Hopefully this doesn't slow down the train!

Have you contacted [email protected]? I was applying for a loan yesterday and they were very fast and helpful in shopping around for a better rate than initially offered. I was able to get 2.34% with Chase while being offered 2.99% for TD and 3.5% with Wells Fargo.

• Helpful
Reactions: mongo
Have you contacted [email protected]? I was applying for a loan yesterday and they were very fast and helpful in shopping around for a better rate than initially offered. I was able to get 2.34% with Chase while being offered 2.99% for TD and 3.5% with Wells Fargo.

I have not, did not know that was an option. Will email them now! Thanks for the tip, be easier if I could just use Tesla (Chase financing).

I have not, did not know that was an option. Will email them now! Thanks for the tip, be easier if I could just use Tesla (Chase financing).

OK so that was fast! less than an hour after emailing, a new offer shows up. Switched to US Bank from Chase, lowered the interest rate to 2.49% and bumped the amount to where it needed to be. I accepted and now that's done. Thanks again for the tip DrRamen!

Reactions: mongo
FYI, Digital Credit Union is offering 1.74% over 65 months. You’ll see them advertising 1.99%, but they give an extra 0.25% off for efficient vehicles (Tesla is eligible).

I was approved for this rate, as was a friend and he’s successfully received his MY at this point.