Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla changed my config from 13 to 7 kW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did. Here it goes: Tesla said that my utility provider looks at last year's usage rates and will not let me go over 110% of that for solar.

This prompted the change. Little they know that I went from 0 to 2 EVs and have other enerty needs. This smells illegal to me, but they are the big boys.

I told them that I want to stick to my original 13.25kW.

I had the same issue when I was going for the 14.4kw system. The initial design they drop me to 9.6kw I told them its not going to be enough. They say the utility company does not allow systems to be installed beyond 110% of your current usage unless there are changes to your usage. I told them I have a couple ev cars on order and will change the heating system. I had to fill out a load justification form. They they revised the system to 11.6kw I told them no still not enough. I went online ordered a model X plaid which im looking to get anyways. Once they see I have a model X in order they finally added more panels to my design to the 14.4kw system

• Helpful
Reactions: GOVA and Ampster