Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla changed my Plaid Plus to Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my $1000 deposit back for the Plaid Plus. To bad I had to take it to the next level to get my money. Also, got an email from my local Tesla Sales person apologizing for the mess. Promised Tesla would correct the issues in the future. Just FYI for everyone here.
I am a 9-22-20 plaid Plus orderer and I think I am going cancel now. Did they give you an option to leave your deposit on a car canceled (plaid plus)? I am positive it is in the works and will be out in 12-18 months. I still dont have a vin for regular plaid. Blue, black, 21” wheels and wood trim.

Also I am sensing our cars originally scheduled for east coast deliveries are being delivered to west coast so end of quarter numbers are higher. Some smelly things going on. Pretty sure Ill bail unless we plan to flip the plaid which not sure is possible.
Unfortunately..

I am a 9-22-20 plaid Plus orderer and I think I am going cancel now. Did they give you an option to leave your deposit on a car canceled (plaid plus)? I am positive it is in the works and will be out in 12-18 months. I still dont have a vin for regular plaid. Blue, black, 21” wheels and wood trim.
I also wanted to wait for the Plaid Plus and I told them that before they switched my order without my permission. I then told them to switch me back and I will wait but they said they could not. So I just canceled. If they come out with one later, I think it will be a big problem for Tesla because of the way they handled the Plaid Plus.

I also wanted to wait for the Plaid Plus and I told them that before they switched my order without my permission. I then told them to switch me back and I will wait but they said they could not. So I just canceled. If they come out with one later, I think it will be a big problem for Tesla because of the way they handled the Plaid Plus.
Thanks for answer. Does anyone think a Plaid at 125k buy orice has equity so we could sell for profit? You see them listed forsale in ebay and such for close to 200k but I soubt they are selling. Why would someone pay that when it appears anyone could have car by sept. I could see someone pay 10k over to get it faster but not much more. Dealer here said they are making 1600 a month so not very rare to me.

never attribute to malice what is better described by incompetence, and Tesla’s beuracratic/business/service aspects are the weakest link of the company.
I actually agree with this, and although it certainly looks like corporate greed, I've had enough experience with Tesla to see that their policies, executive supervision and internal communication are sufficiently contradictory and disordered to explain this kind of crap.

We had a similar issue around a Powerwall failure where they claimed it was due to a lightning strike, when there was no evidence for such a claim and evidence (internally available within Tesla) against that (data showing Powerwall functioning after the lightning strike). I threatened a lawsuit, and sent a boat load of steaming e-mails into Tesla energy. After endless delays, equivocating, tap dancing, and other forms of bullshit, there was some kind of internal supervisory review that resulted in them agreeing that this was a warranty issue and they were not going to charge me replacement price.

If people who have been screwed in this fashion around the Plaid Plus swap out bullshit get on the phone, and threaten in a non-malicious sort of way that they will hold Tesla accountable, they are much more likely to get a reasonable outcome. Also make sure that you bump this up for supervisor review, send in lots of angry e-mails indicating your intention to take action. I'm not sure why this kind of crap happens with such frequency at Tesla but I suspect it's because Elon is not any version of hands on, and individual managers within various parts of the company get to act out their character disorder and entitlement. What's unclear is whether there are financial incentives for this kind of corporate bad behavior or whether it's just unsupervised executive character disorder.

No one with any basic sense of fairness would try to defend this kind of crap.