Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla changed my Plaid Plus to Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After trying to cancel my reservation I also got the "non-refundable" screen. Later I got the same email stating that my order has been converted to Plaid despite me never giving consent to that.

Just reading through these replies... are you guys telling me that this is intentional and not just bad UI/UX design??
I'm absolutely furious right now.

I WANT MY F*CKING MONEY BACK ELON.

Going to try calling them tomorrow and will update here.

Morning Folks,

I gotta jump in here as I am in the same boat and looking for some guidance. I ordered 9-22-20 Plaid Plus and last weekend got switched to Plaid without any contact. It was just done and my new price is lower.

So what am I really getting over long range for $50K.

I know the list of positives but does it have:

1. 4680 cells, don't think so
2. Any different brakes, suspension, body style, spoilers, etc. From spy pics at Nurb. and Laguna it had moveable spoilers and looked meaner body style
3. What am I missing that seperates it from Long Range (the rollout on Plaid vs not rollout on LR is BS). I have a Turbo S 911 and it does 2.7 without rollout and 2.5 with rollout so I know that game. (Using Draggy)

Do you think Plaid Plus is coming mid 2022 with all the stuff it was supposed to have??? If so I don't want Plaid now as I would be stuck with a par I didn't want. I want the best and paid for it.

Reactions: Russell
Same boat here. P+ converted to P- without my consent. Not only without my consent, but when they called me a few weeks ago to offer me the "opportunity" to change my order to a P- for a sooner delivery, I distinctly said NO and said I'd like to keep my P+ order. And yet they just did it anyway against my stated wishes and without my consent.

I have a phone call scheduled with an "advisor supervisor" later today. I honestly feel sorry for their customer service agents who have to work for a company that treats customers of its $150K flagship product like *sugar*. In one stupid move they've converted a Tesla enthusiast and investor into someone who will warn everyone not to do business with this crooked company.

I got a call today about the order fee. I was told all Tesla cars have order fees. Some 100.00 others 1000.00. My original 1000.00 will be applied to the purchase of the car. The order fee? I have more questions than answers. It was like talking to Bernie Ecclestone. I have no idea 🤷 about the order fee. Whatever. Moving on.

Morning Folks,

I gotta jump in here as I am in the same boat and looking for some guidance. I ordered 9-22-20 Plaid Plus and last weekend got switched to Plaid without any contact. It was just done and my new price is lower.

So what am I really getting over long range for $50K.

I know the list of positives but does it have:

1. 4680 cells, don't think so
2. Any different brakes, suspension, body style, spoilers, etc. From spy pics at Nurb. and Laguna it had moveable spoilers and looked meaner body style
3. What am I missing that seperates it from Long Range (the rollout on Plaid vs not rollout on LR is BS). I have a Turbo S 911 and it does 2.7 without rollout and 2.5 with rollout so I know that game. (Using Draggy)

Do you think Plaid Plus is coming mid 2022 with all the stuff it was supposed to have??? If so I don't want Plaid now as I would be stuck with a par I didn't want. I want the best and paid for it.
Not good to say, history has showed that Tesla change features and price back and forth quite fast.
I guess the Plaid+ depends on the 4680, so when those are ready an upgraded Plaid will most probably show up. The EQS will have a gross 130ish battery, Lucid also and Tesla need to respond.
So the speculation is when are the 4680s ready for mass production? My hunch is that they are quite delayed and that is the main reason for Plaid+ "cancellation".

After trying to cancel my reservation I also got the "non-refundable" screen. Later I got the same email stating that my order has been converted to Plaid despite me never giving consent to that.

Just reading through these replies... are you guys telling me that this is intentional and not just bad UI/UX design??
I'm absolutely furious right now.

I WANT MY F*CKING MONEY BACK ELON.

Going to try calling them tomorrow and will update here.

An update on this. I called my local center and was able to get the refund.

Reactions: GroovaEV
Has anyone been able to get Tesla to keep your reservation for Plaid Plus? I mean they probably will come out with a car in 2022 with 4680 cells, 520 mile range, look awesome with high performance parts, etc. Maybe they will call it something else but I am 99% sure a car like that is in development (also some inside info). We all saw it online for months testing at tracks for last 6 months. I would stay in line for that car but on fence if I want this regular Plaid. If given that option I would of stayed but I also had the switch without my authorization happen. No one contacted me and the young SA at the dealer has been left in the dark for details. Maybe I sound whinny but I have bought over 50 cars in my life, sold cars for years, engineered vehicles in Detroit and never seen anything like this.

Does anyone want my Plaid if I decide to get it?

Will there be demand to dump it or will the intelligent buyers not be interested in a car a bit better than Raven performance wise? I agree the interior looks very nice and updated.

Maybe someone can buy out my RSVP which is Blue, 21", Blk, CF due early August (they said yesterday). Heck with the $10K off (early buyer) it must be worth something to someone.

What now? I see 130k. Maybe you fell for all the Elying Musk discounts they apply?
You are right. I screwed up. I know about the discount thing and fell for it this time...sorry.

I called my local guy and he said that I am getting the car for 12k off with the FSD and all. If I edit the build or change anything I will lose the discount and my place in line. He said nothing can be done about that as far as he knows. So he pretty much said, I can gamble and cancel my order hoping for the plaid plus in a few years, or get this great car for 12k off what anyone else would have to pay. Plus my 18' P100D lease is up in a few months. I have the anti-tesla Ford Raptor to drive, but thats supposed to be my fun weekend car. So I went forward with the order but asked him to try and delay the delivery. Also if anyone knows if I can cancel FSD and change the interior to white without losing my discount let me know. I don't want FSD anymore but do want white interior.

Overall, I felt strong armed into getting this car that I don't really want. But when I ask myself what other car would I get for around 130k to replace my daily driver, nothing else is as good for DD.

I've heard you can remove FSD without impacting the price, but changing the interior color would absolutely cause your order to be re-priced.
Ok, I will check again with him about the FSD. The interior is not as important. Just noticed how cool the white was with the new interior and figured I would prefer that. The new contrast stitching though with the black interior looks good as well.

I was also able to refund today. Looks like maybe (?) the website just hadn't been updated yet. Either way, I saved pictures of both refund screens.

Frustrating, to say the least. Extremely disappointed in this entire experience. I want the Plaid Plus, I want the range. Stop making assumptions Tesla.

1624420604963.png