Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla changed their Alternate Transportation Policy ?!?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently developed the shutter from drivers side front in my 2020 MX when accelerating from 25-40, so I requested service.

I'm shocked to get the response
Tesla Service Notification:
Alternative Transportation (Uber/Loaner) will NOT be provided for your service. You will need to arrange for your own transportation. Thank you for your understanding.
so I respond,
The car is still under warranty, why is there no alternate transportation?
and I get
Tesla has changed the alternate transportation policy.
but when I look on the website,
I see
Alternate Transportation
Depending on the service being performed, Tesla will offer alternative transport while your car is at our Service Center. If your car is being repaired due to collision damage, we recommend arranging alternative transportation through your insurance company.

I really think Tesla has done a good job on the car, the infrastructure, the process, but wow, this is kind of ridiculous.

Tesla refused to give me loaner. They said policy was changed 3 days ago. Uber credit doesn't work when you have to haul kids around. This + expensive SuC cost. It's unlikely that I'll buy another Tesla.
The service advisor doesn't even khow about the shudder issue. I wonder if they train their "advisors" at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We love the car, the tech, the experience. But, service centers are another thing. Now we have Austin pumping out more vehicles and there was an article on Teslarati where more emphasis was going to be placed on creating more service centers. Seems Tesla should have planned this out a little better. Yeah, I know, Covid, supply issues, whatever. We are having to deal with these new problems and adding more stress and frustration to our lives. I keep hoping things will get better. Seems it always does but damn, I want my Tesla repaired soon. Today is day four that my MX is sitting in the service center parking lot and hasn't moved when I was told it most likely will be two days. I drove around the property and the parking lot is filled with cars waiting on repairs (Tampa). I only saw maybe two techs actually working on cars yesterday when I visited. The place just seems like it is running in slow motion. Was given three days of $100 Uber credits that I didn't use. Yesterday was offered an Enterprise rental but I refused. Thankfully, I don't really go anywhere as I'm retired but the wife loves taking her clients around in the MX. The MY is my car to go around the block to shop or do errands or whatever. I just have to keep my patience and see where this goes and for how long. Praying I don't get any damage to the paint or anything if or when they do adjust the passenger falcon wing door misalignment for wind noise. I have a question but I'm sure no one knows but I'll ask. How does the service center decide what car to work on next? Is a car given a number and each car goes into a queue? I can imagine the manager must have an awful job making these decisions. Just my thoughts today. Yours?

Upvote 0
Just want to make sure I'm fair to Tesla.

After I checked my car in, I got a message from Tesla for Ride Share credits, so they did offer me alternate transportation.
The sheer amount of people on here who d*ck ride Tesla is insane. I can’t even think of a manufacturer that I have ever bought a car from that hasn’t offered a loaner car for a multi day repair while under warranty. It’s standard to offer a loaner car. You even get one with the purchase of a 20k Toyota if it has to go in for repairs under warranty. I just want to make it clear that not offering a loaner is the exception not the rule.

Upvote 0