Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla charger in my home town

DeltaOne

Mar 19, 2021
Mount Airy, MD
I live in a little town in central Maryland, Mount Airy. Population 9,000. I was surprised this morning to see three EV chargers at the town parking lot. See below.

Just to the left, out of the picture, were two charging stations that I'm guessing had the J1772 connectors. I think the name said Electrify America, but I didn't take a picture of them.

I'm guessing the town installed this Tesla wall connector.

IMG_5574.jpeg

Reactions: CapsEngineer

CapsEngineer

Nov 28, 2020
Maryland
I live in a little town in central Maryland, Mount Airy. Population 9,000. I was surprised this morning to see three EV chargers at the town parking lot. See below.

Just to the left, out of the picture, were two charging stations that I'm guessing had the J1772 connectors. I think the name said Electrify America, but I didn't take a picture of them.

I'm guessing the town installed this Tesla wall connector.

View attachment 664221

Is this it on Plugshare?
IMG_1506.jpeg

CapsEngineer

Nov 28, 2020
Maryland
Yes...that's it. Plugshare. I'll have to look that up.

We've only used home charging in our two months of ownership, but planning for the day we take a trip and will need to know about destination charging.

Two months is all I've had mine as well.

There is a destination charger at G&M that, if you like crabcakes, would make a delicious short road trip from Mt. Airy.

Reactions: DeltaOne

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
Likely, that HPWC was donated by Tesla as part of their Destination Charging program. They gave away thousands of them and subsidized installation up to $1,500 per unit. A lot of smaller towns and cities got some as a result.

Reactions: DeltaOne

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC