Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla "charger" now shows red instead of green often

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i use the nema 10-50 electric plug under the kitchen electric stove connected to a cable I bought specially to charge the tesla and a longer 14-50 extension to the car. This worked fine for the first six month or so when I needed to charge at home. But now I have to unplug and reconnect several times before the "charger" goes to green and it starts charging.
Any ideas why? Thanks for any info

i use the nema 10-50 electric plug under the kitchen electric stove connected to a cable I bought specially to charge the tesla and a longer 14-50 extension to the car. This worked fine for the first six month or so when I needed to charge at home. But now I have to unplug and reconnect several times before the "charger" goes to green and it starts charging.
Any ideas why? Thanks for any info

Likely failure somewhere along that adapter / extension cord chain.

Thanks your probably right. I ordered a replacement for one connection that I may have mistrested. I was thinking that the Tesla connector had somehow changed.and was more sensitive to the connection ground but not likely.