Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Chargers-Virginia Beach, Virginia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

swegman

Mar 27, 2012
Page 5B of the July 30, 2018 issue of USA Today reports that "Tesla is installing electric car chargers at First Landing State Park". Can anyone local to the area verify the address and number of chargers and type.

Thanks

Reactions: kevinf311
VIRGINIA-BEACH

Tesla to put car chargers in First Landing State Park
First Lady Pam Northam and other officials are set to dedicate the charging stations at First Landing State Park in Virginia Beach next month.

Author: AP
Published: 9:58 AM EDT July 27, 2018
Updated: 9:59 AM EDT July 27, 2018
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (AP) - Car company Tesla is installing the first electric car chargers in a Virginia state park.

First Lady Pam Northam and other officials are set to dedicate the charging stations at First Landing State Park in Virginia Beach next month.

The car company is providing two Tesla brand 80-amp chargers and a universal 40-amp charging station. The project costs about $7,400.

• Informative
Reactions: kevinf311
I've charged there in the past, its a campground which also has 50 amp service at most of the pedestal chargers for RV's, it also has cabins with 220 for AC and electric dryers with 220 30AMP service in the cabins...this just makes it more convenient for Tesla owners and gets 1st Lady Pam Northam some greenie positive press, if they were smarter they would have wired up the garage at by the Hilton waterfront, you know the one by the Neptune Statue with 50 destination chargers, that would get the right market, verses a campground...

One thing nice about this campground is that all the sites are in the shade!!!

First Landing Site Specific

Last edited:
While folks wait for these to be installed, there are a couple HPWCs at PRESS Wine Bar just west of the north end of the state park. I didn't get to use them last time I was down there because the road was super flooded.
Wine bar is cute and has good food/wine, if a little pricey. They had either 2 or 4 HPWCs (parking lot for the wine bar is smallish so 2 of the spaces were ICE'd).