Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Charging Me Extra for Home Delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

I just got a notice from Tesla stating that they will be charging me extra $750 for home delivery. I've ordered two cars from them and this has never happened. I'm still waiting for a response, but has anyone dealt with this? If so, how did you resolve this issue?

Thank you!

Hey guys,

I just got a notice from Tesla stating that they will be charging me extra $750 for home delivery. I've ordered two cars from them and this has never happened. I'm still waiting for a response, but has anyone dealt with this? If so, how did you resolve this issue?

Thank you!

Couldnt you save yourself $750 by picking it up somewhere? It definitely costs Tesla money to do it. As margins get lower and prices drop, "free" stuff, that isnt actually free but "included" gets dropped.

Hey guys,

Thank you!
I have a home delivery scheduled for Monday and am not being charged for it that I know of.

In NM, it is not allowed to sell Teslas. Is that mean mine should be delivered without extra charge?

I dont know what tesla's policy on this is now, but since someone from texas (which also is a state tesla can not sell in) states they are not being charged, I would look into it if I was you. Doesnt mean anything will change, but its worth looking into.

Yes. They stopped the free delivery and now charge $750 for.third party delivery. Or you can go to Colorado Springs or Denver and pick it up at no additional charge. One can not pick up from El Paso even though it is 40 minutes away from me and Colo Springs is 600+ miles. It makes it extremely difficult to own a Tesla in NM which is exactly what the NM Auto Dealers Assoc. and the politicians are shooting for.

Yes. They stopped the free delivery and now charge $750 for.third party delivery. Or you can go to Colorado Springs or Denver and pick it up at no additional charge. One can not pick up from El Paso even though it is 40 minutes away from me and Colo Springs is 600+ miles. It makes it extremely difficult to own a Tesla in NM which is exactly what the NM Auto Dealers Assoc. and the politicians are shooting for.
This is how we know the green new deal is just a talking point for if it was a real culture change, things like this would get fixed first. It's easy.

Hey guys,

Thank you!
Did they get back to you? Loyalty should be worth something. Elon is always thanking early adopters.