Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Charging Stations in the wild

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do not yet have my MC240 (even though I do have an AVCON converter) so I am somewhat afraid of taking it too far from home. There is supposedly a Tesla HPC in the East Bay, and I need to drive to Livermore this weekend, so I was thinking of trying it in the Roadster. I hate to depend on a charger I have never seen before, though.

Graham,

The San Ramon Charger works great, I charged ther last week. 233V @ 70A-faster than my home HPC (208V). The site is accessible 24/7.

Last edited by a moderator:
So this weekend, I did check out the San Ramon Charging station. It is excellent.

3522704370_33250e2fe4_d.jpg

3521896675_f8e565782d_d.jpg

3522704318_779ebd3022_d.jpg

As MDR mentioned it is 233V/70Amps - It is very close to the freeway, and very close to lots of shopping/food. However, it not in the shopping center parking, it is in a big conference center parking lot next to a bunch of CNG filling stations - so at least on the weekends there seems to be little worry of some bozo parking in the EV charging spot.

I plugged in and charged for about 45 minutes while I walked across the street to a coffee shop to get a drink and a snack. Turns out that I would have had enough range to take my entire trip without the charging stop, but it was nice to get that peace of mind.

For completeness:

Woodland, CA
Woodland Gateway Shopping Center located at southeast of the interchange of I-5 at CR102 (use Maxwell Road entrance into the center). The charging station is an open, public lot, located in the southwest corner of the shopping center, east of In–N-Out Burger
woodland01.jpg

Dixon, CA
dixonteslacharge-129x300.jpg

Davis, CA
4th and G parking garage
davis_tesla01.jpg

More Tesla stations are on their way.

Yes ... and No. The EvChargerNews was established a LOONG time ago ... and the site is actually fantastically useful. **BUT** one needs to get used to how the pages work. If you go to the above referenced page, click on the link at the end of the line at the top that says
There may be more recent status comments in the "I Was There" reports -- see below.

Then click on the "I was there" part of the line that says:
Check out the "I Was There" reports for this site,

A new tab or window pops up with the most recent !

So of the Tesla chargers in Northern California:

San Ramon and Woodland are both full chargers at 70 amp. But:
Vacaville and Dixon are 40 / 32 amp (it would be nice if they labeled them as such on the charger itself).

Do we know yet about the circuit in Davis?

Have I missed any?

It would be nice to have one in the Bay Area (although I suppose San Ramon is if you squint).

I wonder if we can convince Tesla to put a couple of 24 hour public chargers in their parking lot at Menlo Park (and/or San Carlos offices).

PS. And thanks for the detail, ChargeIt!

Yes ... and No. The EvChargerNews was established a LOONG time ago ... and the site is actually fantastically useful. **BUT** one needs to get used to how the pages work.
I only meant that the front page was dated compared to the Dixon page. Thanks for the tips, and thanks for the photos!

PG&E is in the process of upgrading some AVCON stations to Tesla HPC. I wonder how many AVCON users are still out there.

I wonder if we can convince Tesla to put a couple of 24 hour public chargers in their parking lot at Menlo Park (and/or San Carlos offices).

Looks like there's already a charger at San Carlos.

3274029667_d233d2ca85.jpg3274778047_55c77011ac.jpg

There's been some talk about putting chargers
in front of the Menlo Park store in these few spots here:
3560475718_060a909871.jpg
Seems like a no-brainer. I wonder what the limit is of their power service.

And by "looks like" you mean, "look at the reflection!" :smile:

I've been to the San Carlos Tesla building, and there is, indeed, a Clipper Creek HPC installed right out front in plain sight. I can't see why they wouldn't leave it active and available 24/7, though I've not asked them about it. I shall do so and report back what they say.