Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Chicago store gets looted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This pretty much sums it up: "These individuals engaged in what only could be described as brazen and extensive criminal looting and destruction. To be clear, this had nothing to do with legitimate, protected First Amendment expression," Lightfoot said on Monday."

IMO these are just going to make it harder and harder to justify all the BLM protests going on. What conclusion can I draw when I see a video of these violent looting and braking-in sessions with only black people cheering and participating? I hope all of them got arrested and charged.

Leaders of these fine Democratic run cities are voting to defund and dismantle the Police.
Cook County Board OKs Resolution To Defund Police, Jail
WBBMAM_host_SteveMiller_775x425.jpg

STEVE MILLER
JULY 30, 2020 - 8:18 PM
Jail%20Final.jpg

Cook County Jail

Local

News
(WBBM NEWSRADIO) -- The Cook County Board on Thursday passed a resolution to defund policing and incarceration.

Listen Live Now on WBBM Newsradio

The non-binding resolution to redirect money away from law enforcement was approved on a day when three police officers were shot and wounded in Chicago — and, in turn, amid a summer of violence and anti-police demonstrations.

Commissioner Brandon Johnson of the Austin neighborhood introduced the measure and said it's a response to policies that have not worked.

The next step is to implement it in next year’s budget. Johnson said “everything is on the table.”

“We’ve seen a 26 percent increase in the budget toward incarceration, and since we know that it’s not working, I think we have to do everything within our power to look at every single line item.”

Johnson’s resolution got 15 “yes” votes and 1 “no” vote. One board member voted “present.”

Related:

This pretty much sums it up: "These individuals engaged in what only could be described as brazen and extensive criminal looting and destruction. To be clear, this had nothing to do with legitimate, protected First Amendment expression," Lightfoot said on Monday."

IMO these are just going to make it harder and harder to justify all the BLM protests going on. What conclusion can I draw when I see a video of these violent looting and braking-in sessions with only black people cheering and participating? I hope all of them got arrested and charged.
None of this foolishness is okay but a little spicy to say it's only a certain group: I will say that it isn't minority majority representation from what I can tell.

Reactions: 2101Guy
So the best article i found on the subject was Wall Street Journal and paid content so i wont wont bother linking but depending who you ask 8-13 unarmed black men were killed by police in 2019.

The riots have killed 29 people........where is the outrage?

The Chicago riots were triggered by reports of an unarmed 15yo being shot, but reality was 20yo who has shooting at police.

These riots are more often than not whipped up with disinformation the protesters and rioters which are separate groups likely still believe "hands up don't shoot", and haven't heard George Floyd had three times the fatal fentanyl dose. Not that that is the complete story but it is of critical importance.

These cities will burn again when Chauvin is overcharged and then found not guilty due to the fentanyl.

The problem is the media, they are quick to get A STORY out but ignore the rest of the story once it comes out and it leaves huge numbers of people misinformed.

Leaders of these fine Democratic run cities are voting to defund and dismantle the Police.
Cook County Board OKs Resolution To Defund Police, Jail
No they're not. There is no plan to dismantle police. The intent is to shift some resources. The current system isn't working for many black people, but much more change is needed than the city and county can accomplish on their own.

Also the vote was a county vote, and the county doesn't run or fund the city police.

Last edited:
No they're not. There is no plan to dismantle police. The intent is to shift some resources. The current system isn't working for many black people, but much more change is needed than the city and county can accomplish on their own.

Also the vote was a county vote, and the county doesn't run or fund the city police.
Okay: where’s it shifting to? Last time I checked you if fail to plan, you should plan to fail.

Fewer police leads to increased crime because criminals know they are less likely to be caught.
The riot damage will cause businesses to flee, and anyone who can afford to or has family to help them will flee too. We are likely to see Detroit style blight in the cities that have allowed the riots.

Far as "shifting resources" you can make the argument for community support in other manners, but that wont stop the criminals today. If social workers are the answer that result is a generation from now and those communities still need police till then.

So if they defund the police and someone is trying to break into my home I call 811 to do an underground locate before I dig the hole, right?

Actually you need to call the Department of Social Services, our hours are nine to five tuesday through friday we are closed on mondays and for lunch time eleven to one please leave a message beep mallbox is full goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.