TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla China installed parking barrier to prevent ICE occupy the Superchanger

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by asiaworldcity, Mar 31, 2015.

1. asiaworldcity

asiaworldcity Member

#1 asiaworldcity, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    500_12023720-7082-15n3-c364-n202a1fbf43c.jpg

They installed this automatic parking barrier to prevent ICE occupy the Superchanger. Drivers need to use their car browser or apps to lower down the barrier.
    Maybe Tesla should consider install this kind of barrier worldwide, especially on those Superchanger that have only 2 parking spot.

2. Phil K

Phil K Member

This is nice.

3. mkjayakumar

mkjayakumar Active Member

Hmm I wonder how that works? How does the app communicate with this contraption ?

4. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

This is nice, and something we've suggested for awhile. Unfortunately, my guess is that most landlords would not approve of this in the U.S. Many of the spaces are considered "shared"; general and EV parking. Maybe on the tesla dedicated spaces. Maybe.

5. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

This is the computer car, with GPS enabled features and seamless integration.

When you pull in to the parking lot of a Supercharger equipped like this, it should put a diagram of the lot on the center console, with the open spots highlighted; all you should have to do is pick one to have the barrier drop.

Ideally with an Autopilot car, picking one will not only drop the barrier, but cause the car to park itself in the spot at the ideal distance for pligging in (this could be made optional.)

6. Kevin Harney

Kevin Harney Active Member

any video of this in action? Not that it would be very exciting I guess. Would be cool if the car had a sensor to open it.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like this ....

Parking Lock

Or THIS

7. asiaworldcity

asiaworldcity Member

It is not that advance yet...This parking barrier is not integrate into the on board computer, driver need to go to Chargerlink's website or the Chargerlink's apps to unlock those barrier (FYI Chargerlink is a company that build most of the Superchanger in China). Then the barrier will rise up again after the car left. Those barrier certainly are communicating with the Internet. It shouldn't be hard to integrate it to the on board computer.

That will be nice if in the future it can accept reservation and reserve a charging spot.

8. Fanatic

Fanatic Member

The english is so funny. A real good watch.

9. apacheguy

apacheguy Sig 255, VIN 320

Great idea. I would love to also see a real time SpC layout including max available charge rate at each stall. Should be trivial to integrate this info especially w 6.2. It should factor in paired stalls and any malfunctions and alert the driver in order to make SpC a real no brainer.

10. Bulletproof

Bulletproof Vendor

Hawthorne, CA adjacent to the Supercharger & Desig
    It would actually be nice to have the barrier recognize a Tesla coming in and raise when it's not occupied. Just a thought.

11. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

I didn't really think that was how it worked now. I'm just thinking given all of the other integration and connectivity things Tesla is doing, this should be a natural for them, eventually. :)

12. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

Sekf-park + Metal Gear Plugged. That'd be a winner.

13. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I love it!

14. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

As I mentioned in another thread, if self park is precise and consistent enough, the automated plug is really simple. If all the plug has to do is move forward a few inches at a predictable height because the car will always place itself right there, an automated plug suddenly becomes a simple sensorless fixture with a single actuator.

(This depends on the car to locate itself within a few millimeters of the same place every time, which I suspect the current hardware and software can manage.)

15. Larry93428

Larry93428 Member

These barriers are a nice, gentle solution. Nice.
    However, are they robust enough to withstand a 4X4 climbing over or tall enough to stop a high clearance vehicle?
    ~Larry

16. Kevin Harney

Kevin Harney Active Member

They make all different sizes and kinds.