Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Christmas update 2020.48.26 no boombox ?

Starlight87

Dec 27, 2020
Kuwait
Hi guys, so I got a tesla model X 2020 long range received on Sept 2020!

updated with the Christmas update but no boombox feature option...

So started to wonder if my model X equipped with that external pedestrian speaker ?.. how can you check if you have that ?

or maybe that feature is only enabled for US region ?? Which is unfair!!

mikegre

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2012
Florida, Vermont and New York.
Here in the US with a Feb 2020 Model X, there is no external speaker. If there was, you would hear the "woo-woo" sound the car makes when it moves under 20mph.

My wife's brand new Model S has the external speaker and I'll be playing around with it today testing out this new Xmas download.

Starlight87

Dec 27, 2020
Kuwait
Here in the US with a Feb 2020 Model X, there is no external speaker. If there was, you would hear the "woo-woo" sound the car makes when it moves under 20mph.

My wife's brand new Model S has the external speaker and I'll be playing around with it today testing out this new Xmas download.

When did your wife receive her car ?... i mean I received my car very recently! In Sept 2020... how is it possible it did not come with the external speakers!! This is bullix from tesla.. but then I ordered it from Tesla Dubai UAE.. so maybe for that region its not installed :/

need to find out how to manually install it ... and some how receive that update with boombox feature..

laceyboy

Aug 9, 2020
Lacey WA
I picked my X late Sep, has pedestrian sound when in reverse, updated to 2020.48.26 recently and has Boombox too.
I checked out some features like horn music playing.
What is your VIN last six digits? It could be region specific regulation requirements

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC