Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TESLA chrome rear license plate frame

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently got my new S75D on 8/22/17 and it did not come with the rear chrome license plate frame I've seen on other Tesla's. I called my DS and she said they were currently out of stock and didn't know when they would get more. She said she would let me know when/if they got more. In the mean time, I was wondering if anyone here has an extra one or one you aren't using that you would be willing to part with.

Thanks, Scott

Hi Scott,

When I received my 2013 CPO last April, I too did not get a license plate frame, I was told this SC (Buena Park) was all out and they didn't know when they would receive anymore. About 2 months later I happened to be running some errands and stopped by the Burbank SC to charge on the way home. While waiting, I asked an employee if they had any frames and they did! So maybe visit another SC and ask.

Thanks!

I recently got my new S75D on 8/22/17 and it did not come with the rear chrome license plate frame I've seen on other Tesla's. I called my DS and she said they were currently out of stock and didn't know when they would get more. She said she would let me know when/if they got more. In the mean time, I was wondering if anyone here has an extra one or one you aren't using that you would be willing to part with.

Thanks, Scott
I had the exact same thing happened to me. I just attached the license without a frame temporarily.
They eventually FedEx'd me the frame when it came back in stock. (As I requested)

So.... my pates just arrived, and I have now taken my "Model 3" chrome plate holder out of the trunk. It is not plastic. But it is quire bendable metal with a chrome plating on it. Definitely not plastic. Now.... how the heck are you supposed to get the plate into this frame? I guess bend a pair of the tabs, insert and bend them back. Which distorts the entire frame. And then when the plate is screwed down, the frame doesn't sit tight to the plate but sticks out a ways. Quite odd. I've added some rubber spacers between the back of the plate and the tabs, and that has helped a lot. I tried other nice plate frames I have, but there's nothing to keep them off the paint, so I'm using the "factory" one for now.

What nice frames are people finding that will keep the sharp bits off the paint?

So.... my pates just arrived, and I have now taken my "Model 3" chrome plate holder out of the trunk. It is not plastic. But it is quire bendable metal with a chrome plating on it. Definitely not plastic. Now.... how the heck are you supposed to get the plate into this frame? I guess bend a pair of the tabs, insert and bend them back. Which distorts the entire frame. And then when the plate is screwed down, the frame doesn't sit tight to the plate but sticks out a ways. Quite odd. I've added some rubber spacers between the back of the plate and the tabs, and that has helped a lot. I tried other nice plate frames I have, but there's nothing to keep them off the paint, so I'm using the "factory" one for now.

What nice frames are people finding that will keep the sharp bits off the paint?
As I recall, I put painters tape on top & bottom edges of the plate to protect it when sliding it in. Then I was able to peel it off bit by bit.