TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

TESLA chrome rear license plate frame

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by sevenout, Sep 8, 2017.

1. sevenout

sevenout Member

I recently got my new S75D on 8/22/17 and it did not come with the rear chrome license plate frame I've seen on other Tesla's. I called my DS and she said they were currently out of stock and didn't know when they would get more. She said she would let me know when/if they got more. In the mean time, I was wondering if anyone here has an extra one or one you aren't using that you would be willing to part with.

Thanks, Scott

2. bakerboy

bakerboy Member

Hi Scott,

When I received my 2013 CPO last April, I too did not get a license plate frame, I was told this SC (Buena Park) was all out and they didn't know when they would receive anymore. About 2 months later I happened to be running some errands and stopped by the Burbank SC to charge on the way home. While waiting, I asked an employee if they had any frames and they did! So maybe visit another SC and ask.

Thanks!

3. sevenout

sevenout Member

@bakerboy, thanks for the tip! I'm going to be making a road trip next weekend to Santa Cruz and will be making a supercharging stop at the Dublin SC so I will ask. Thanks again!

4. ThisIsTrue

ThisIsTrue Re-member

Just so you know, they're plastic "chrome". Still, you indeed should get one (or two!)

5. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

You need to park that S until you get your Tesla frame. That's embarrassing to be driving around with your tag edges showing. You trying to give us a bad rep? Maybe if you put a brown paper bag over your tag, it won't shame us.

• Funny x 2
  6. stan23

stan23 Member

You seriously want that plastic frame? If you ever drive by the South Bay, you can have mine.

7. Daniellane

Daniellane Member

I had the exact same thing happened to me. I just attached the license without a frame temporarily.
    They eventually FedEx'd me the frame when it came back in stock. (As I requested)

8. CJPonline

CJPonline Member

My plastic "chrome" Tesla frame barely lasted a year. About to replace it with a stainless steel frame. I don't need the Tesla name on the frame. :)