Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Claims Warranty is Void Due to Aftermarket Puddle Lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given all the info that has been circulating about this issue for a couple of years, I have opted not to UPDATE ANY electronic components in our second Model Y. While I would love to have brighter interior lights and those sexy puddle lights with the Tesla logo, at the end of the day I'm just not a gambler.

Hell, I don't even buy Lotto tickets.

Yes, if you're current, the window should drop down normally as you open the door. Of course if no juice, then it won't but at that point you don't really have a choice.
Given it uses the door ajar sensor to drop the window when you use the manual pull, I would say to reduce risk of damage, wait a bit for the window to drop before pushing the door fully out. Don't just pull the manual release and then rapidly push open.

Reactions: cleverscreenam
Given it uses the door ajar sensor to drop the window when you use the manual pull, I would say to reduce risk of damage, wait a bit for the window to drop before pushing the door fully out. Don't just pull the manual release and then rapidly push open.
Well, if you have cause to use the manual release it may be an emergency so.... Of course, if that's the case, you're probably not too worried about breaking the window....

Well, if you have cause to use the manual release it may be an emergency so.... Of course, if that's the case, you're probably not too worried about breaking the window....
The most common use I have seen it being mentioned for is if there is some power problem either from something breaking down or if owner was doing a mod. In some cases, it's just people trying it out to see how it works.

Not an emergency that the split second used to wait for the glass to drop would make any difference. Just a tip to avoid adding broken door trim to your list of problems by being impatient.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC