Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Class Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So let's pretend a firm opens a class action suit against Tesla for failure to deliver FSD features. Do you join in the suit?

Note: This is not to discuss whether its possible to sue, just whether you would sign on as a plaintiff.

Also note: If you have not purchased FSD your opinion is irrelevant.

I would, but there's no contract, no terms, just a vague statement about autonomous use of "current features" being dependent on achieving reliability and clearing regulatory hurdles. Doesn't mention NoA on city streets or a timeframe. You'd have to bring into the argument Elon's tweets. Honestly, I was duped by his promise of FSD by the end of the year (2020) and the threat of the increase to $10K because they were so close. I can deal with a delay, but looking at the FSDBeta videos, I can see they are no way close to a public release, so yeah, I feel kinda swindled. I'd join the suit even if I could get half my money back.
Screen Shot 2021-01-10 at 4.31.28 PM.png

I would, but there's no contract, no terms, just a vague statement about autonomous use of "current features" being dependent on achieving reliability and clearing regulatory hurdles. Doesn't mention NoA on city streets or a timeframe. You'd have to bring into the argument Elon's tweets. Honestly, I was duped by his promise of FSD by the end of the year (2020) and the threat of the increase to $10K because they were so close. I can deal with a delay, but looking at the FSDBeta videos, I can see they are no way close to a public release, so yeah, I feel kinda swindled. I'd join the suit even if I could get half my money back.View attachment 626443

Yeah, the premise would be that Musk misled customers and shareholders, not necessarily linked to any verbiage on the website (though you could make the argument that the website has listed autosteer on city streets as coming later this year since 2019).

Anyways, I'd say look for this news in the near term...

At this point, that's likely the only path to getting something for your FSD purchase before the end of the car's useful lifespan, if you purchased before they moved the goalposts in early 2019, and if you upgrade cars with any sort of regularity.

I would rather get what I paid for on my current car, or for Tesla to acknowledge they overpromised and undelivered and let us transfer FSD to a new vehicle or whatever.

Barring that, well, legal action might be the right path.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alset Srotom
So let's pretend a firm opens a class action suit against Tesla for failure to deliver FSD features. Do you join in the suit?

Note: This is not to discuss whether its possible to sue, just whether you would sign on as a plaintiff.

Also note: If you have not purchased FSD your opinion is irrelevant.
Yes. I bought it only for that feature otherwise, it is beyond my affordability (I have driving disability). Current features are helping me overcome the said disability but how long more I have to wait to get it, it's been 2 and half years

No. Anybody that bought FSD expecting an autonomous vehicle should have their head examined.

I bought it, because it’s new tech, potentially ground breaking and I want to support it. If it gets to the point of functioning as intended, yay. If it fails, it was a fun experiment. But suing Tesla for thinking outside the box? lol

I have not been told by anybody at Tesla I could use it and not have to drive the vehicle.

The number one rule of flying a plane? Fly the plane. Number one rule of driving a car? Drive the car.