Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla cloud account won't update!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all! I am needing some help with my new Plaid Model S. The cloud account that is one of the driver profiles that automatically set on the vehicle will not properly update, and I was wondering if anyone else was having the same issue. The profile picture finally updated after changing it on the Tesla app, and restarting my vehicle multiple times but the email that is shown under the name is a completely different email that is on my Tesla account. I changed it a few days ago due to it being an outdated email that I haven't used in years (it was used when I purchased my 2015 Model S) and it is still showing as that email on my car even though I have changed it from the app. Is there a period of time that I have to wait in order for the change to be reflected on the vehicle?

Try updating your email on your account at Tesla.com. There likely is some sort of bug.
Thanks for the response! I just spoke with the Tesla service team, and they said from my end everything was updated properly, but something in my vehicle’s hardware seems to be holding on to the older email. I guess this is a (somewhat) common issue, and I have scheduled an appointment for them to manually clear it!

Upvote 0
Hello all! I am needing some help with my new Plaid Model S. The cloud account that is one of the driver profiles that automatically set on the vehicle will not properly update, and I was wondering if anyone else was having the same issue. The profile picture finally updated after changing it on the Tesla app, and restarting my vehicle multiple times but the email that is shown under the name is a completely different email that is on my Tesla account. I changed it a few days ago due to it being an outdated email that I haven't used in years (it was used when I purchased my 2015 Model S) and it is still showing as that email on my car even though I have changed it from the app. Is there a period of time that I have to wait in order for the change to be reflected on the vehicle?
Having the same problem with my M3P. I submitted a service request. The service center cancelled that appointment and said I needed to contact customer service. My call to customer service did not solve the problem.

Upvote 0