Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Tesla "Coffee and Geometry" meet in Bucks, June 19th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tevo Solutions

Former Vendor
Dec 21, 2020
UK
_DSC4036_S.jpg

I'm organising a Saturday meet on June 19th, 9am to 2:30pm at Blackboots/WIM tyre and alignment centre in Chesham, Bucks. Location: https://blackboots.co.uk/contact/
It'll run from 9am to 2:30pm. All models of Tesla are welcome.

There will be a decent coffee and snacks van attending and there are a few places reserved for anyone who might want to have their alignment checked.
Blackboots is one of the best independents and have lots of experience working on Teslas and all sorts of exotic supercars.

A check is usually £30+VAT. If your car needs toe adjustment (the most common issue) that would cost £50+VAT for the front or £75+VAT for front and rear. If a full alignment is needed, the most it would cost is £135+VAT, assuming you don't have loads of aftermarket adjustable bits bolted on (like me!). For this event, Blackboots are offering a 30% discount on all these prices.

There will be a couple of modified/track-prepared M3Ps there if you want to see some of the lovely shiney performance parts Tevo sells and have a chat about what you need to do to turn your Tesla into a track missile! There should also be a few MIC Model 3s if you want to see how the latest production models are looking.

So, if you're a local owner and want to come along, you'll be very welcome. The more the merrier! I'm aiming to get at least 25-30 Teslas there on the day so if you have a friend with one why not invite them along too!

Please let me know in this thread if you can make it and whether you'll just be coming just to say hello or want an alignment check done too.

See you there!
Cheers
John

Reactions: Obliter8
We had a very successful day today with about 30 Tesla owners attending.
We carried out alignment checks on 15 cars and 10 of them needed some correction.
I think this proves that a lot of owners are driving around with mis-aligned cars for whatever reason.

I'll post our findings in a few days as I think it might be useful to see what the common issues are.

Here are a few photos from yesterday. If there's interest we'll run another later in the year. The food van was serving some really lovely slow cooked brisket rolls and very nice coffee, so it was worth going just for that!

signal-2021-06-19-200227_011.jpeg
signal-2021-06-19-200227_012.jpeg
signal-2021-06-19-200227_017.jpeg
signal-2021-06-19-200227_021.jpeg
signal-2021-06-19-200227_006.jpeg

The two things that'd interest me about tesla wheel alignments would be a set of checks on newly delivered cars: either never set up right or moved in transit and not PDI'd and secondly how often they genuinely do go out of alignment (as an annual percentage of vehicles).

The two things that'd interest me about tesla wheel alignments would be a set of checks on newly delivered cars: either never set up right or moved in transit and not PDI'd and secondly how often they genuinely do go out of alignment (as an annual percentage of vehicles).
I chatted to some of those needing adjustment on Saturday. One had his car aligned at a Tesla SC very recently and it was out by quite a bit. Most owners I've spoken to only get an alignment check done when it's become obvious something is wrong and by then they've often destroyed a good pair of tyres.

My advice is to get a check done as soon as you pick up your new car, regardless of what make and model it is and then get a check done at least every 12 months after that. It only takes one pot hole to knock your alignment out.

The other thing is that the factory tolerances are very wide. Look at the Model 3 alignment read out in my original post. The front toe setting can be between +6' and -12' on each wheel and still be green on the readout. If you use a good alignment centre they will not just aim for 'all green' they will want to get each setting as close to the middle as possible which will give you much better driving experience and prolong the life of your tyres.