TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Coffee Mug + Driving a Tesla

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tacket, May 15, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Tacket

Tacket Member

Ok, so my buddy got me the Tesla tumbler for my birthday which of course being a fanboy I absolutely love. Question is, how much of a tool am I to use said tumbler when also driving a Tesla. Questioning my peeps and students, so far it's been 50/50 that I am a tool for doing such.

Of course at the end of the day, I care little of what others think of me...

2. callmesam

callmesam Member

No more of a loser than wearing my Tesla hat, t-shirt or jacket (although not all three at once) while driving my Tesla.

Oh and I have a lanyard that I hang my Tesla key.

I think I know which 50% I fall into.

3. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Supporting Member

#3 Btrflyl8e, May 15, 2014
    Last edited: May 15, 2014
    oh man, I have the tumbler and have had the same thoughts. But, being the tool that I am, I decided I don't really care. I don't really worry too much about people who don't know me but want to judge me on something like that, and everyone who DOES know me already knows what a tool I am! (and love me anyway)

4. Canuck

Canuck Well-Known Member

Then what's the problem?

5. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

I wouldn't worry about it. People buy shirts, hats, coffee mugs... etc all the time for cars they have or what to own.

6. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

ha. that's me. i have the tumbler, hat, keychain glove ... also have tons of accessories frunk box , duffel bag, lighted T, roof rack, 19" TST turbines....i'm totally a tool. even got my soon-to-be-delivered boy the baby Tesla beanie LOL

7. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Somebody asked me the other day if Tesla made socks and underwear, too.

8. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Active Member

#8 cgiGuy, May 16, 2014
    Last edited: May 16, 2014
    Did they change the design of the tumbler? When I looked at one at a Tesla Gallery last year, they didn't fit in the cup holders.

--

Oh, and don't forget to ask for your free hat next time you're at a store/gallery. I went to buy one and they asked if I had received my "Tesla Driver's Group" hat.
    $_35.JPG

9. CHGolferJim

CHGolferJim Member

Seems like a Tesla tumbler should be one of those wide-bottom things you can put on the floor :cool: