TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Coffee Mug + Driving a Tesla

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tacket, May 15, 2014.

1. Tacket

Tacket Member

Ok, so my buddy got me the Tesla tumbler for my birthday which of course being a fanboy I absolutely love. Question is, how much of a tool am I to use said tumbler when also driving a Tesla. Questioning my peeps and students, so far it's been 50/50 that I am a tool for doing such.

Of course at the end of the day, I care little of what others think of me...

2. callmesam

callmesam Member

No more of a loser than wearing my Tesla hat, t-shirt or jacket (although not all three at once) while driving my Tesla.

Oh and I have a lanyard that I hang my Tesla key.

I think I know which 50% I fall into.

3. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

#3 Btrflyl8e, May 15, 2014
    Last edited: May 15, 2014
    oh man, I have the tumbler and have had the same thoughts. But, being the tool that I am, I decided I don't really care. I don't really worry too much about people who don't know me but want to judge me on something like that, and everyone who DOES know me already knows what a tool I am! (and love me anyway)

4. Canuck

Canuck Active Member

Then what's the problem?

5. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

I wouldn't worry about it. People buy shirts, hats, coffee mugs... etc all the time for cars they have or what to own.

6. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

ha. that's me. i have the tumbler, hat, keychain glove ... also have tons of accessories frunk box , duffel bag, lighted T, roof rack, 19" TST turbines....i'm totally a tool. even got my soon-to-be-delivered boy the baby Tesla beanie LOL

7. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Somebody asked me the other day if Tesla made socks and underwear, too.

8. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Member

#8 cgiGuy, May 16, 2014
    Last edited: May 16, 2014
    Did they change the design of the tumbler? When I looked at one at a Tesla Gallery last year, they didn't fit in the cup holders.

--

Oh, and don't forget to ask for your free hat next time you're at a store/gallery. I went to buy one and they asked if I had received my "Tesla Driver's Group" hat.
    $_35.JPG

9. CHGolferJim

CHGolferJim Member

Seems like a Tesla tumbler should be one of those wide-bottom things you can put on the floor :cool: