Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Collision Repair At Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AKinDC

Apr 30, 2019
DC
Just got this email:

"We are excited to announce that Tesla Service is now performing collision repair at our Service Centers and through Mobile Service. Having your vehicle repaired by Tesla ensures quality work, quick service and transparent pricing.
Available repairs include:
  • Paint scuffs and scratches
  • Minor dents
  • Bumper, fender, door, side mirrors and other bolt-on replacements
To have Tesla Service confirm your repair, select ‘Collision Repair’ in the Service Menu of your Tesla app and choose your desired appointment time. If Mobile Service is available, we will coordinate sending a technician to you."

Very nice to see...

I just tried to get a front bumper replacement scheduled through the app for my local service center. The app gave me a date, but I thought it prudent to contact the service center just to make sure they could do it. This is the key sentence I got back from them via email:

"I spoke to the guys in the parts department and they said the Model X bumpers are still in the early stages of manufacturing and will not be ready by your appointment date."

So looks like they are not ready for primetime on East Coast with MX yet. West coast M3 might be a different story. Anyone else try yet?

Reactions: Garlan Garner
I just tried to get a front bumper replacement scheduled through the app for my local service center. The app gave me a date, but I thought it prudent to contact the service center just to make sure they could do it. This is the key sentence I got back from them via email:

"I spoke to the guys in the parts department and they said the Model X bumpers are still in the early stages of manufacturing and will not be ready by your appointment date."

So looks like they are not ready for primetime on East Coast with MX yet. West coast M3 might be a different story. Anyone else try yet?

Did you happen to get a price or quote for the front bumper install? I may replace the front bumper on my S if the price is reasonable. The underside has scratches from what I assume was the previous owner scraping the roadway / curbs.

Did you happen to get a price or quote for the front bumper install? I may replace the front bumper on my S if the price is reasonable. The underside has scratches from what I assume was the previous owner scraping the roadway / curbs.

Nope, the service center guy didn't even know they offered the service until I talked him. I would guess a lot cheaper than 5k I was quoted from a body shop when they eventually truly offer the service.

Hopefully it’s reasonable. Maybe I’ll swing by my service center and ask them about pricing or a timeline of when they will start the service. I anticipate the same response you received, it seems Tesla puts out info without making their service centers aware of their plans.