Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla colorizer not working on 2014 Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,
This could look a bit silly as not an essential car feature, 😊 but does anyone knows if Colorizer is working on 2014 pre AP cars ? I just got an MCU2 upgrade and car illustration color is not matching anymore on some screens of the user interface.
I was hoping to solve this with the new colorizer feature but this is not appearing after the 2022.20.5 upgrade.

Thanks,
Nico.

Not sure about a link, but if your voice command is working try "Bug Report" and report the issue.

Disclaimer:
I've not used this feature in a very long time since my voice command wasn't working.
Have you tried using your deep baritone radio voice? In the alternative, you might suggest to your wife to do her best "come hither" voice (soft and inviting) to activate the voice command. Wouldn't hurt. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Droschke
Upvote 0
I just received 2022.20.8 also, and Car Colorizer shows in the release notes, but does not exist on the car.

My main gripe is that when all of this started, not only is my car not the correct color on the screen anymore, but it's not consistent across all screens either.

And on top of that, the graphic isn't even correct.... Look closely at the repeater (turn signal) on the left fender...... Mine appears as the new version with a camera. Our cars are AP1.0 and do not have a camera on the repeater.

Upvote 0
Wouldn't it be nice if they include a checkbox next to every item in the Release Notes so we can instantly submit feedback as to it's "Working"/"Not working"?
That. Would. Be. Too. Easy.

Better yet, the brain trust that cobbles these things together could include a caveat with the release notes. It could say something like, "Not all Tesla vehicles manufactured before MM/YY will have access to this feature with this release at this time." Or, "Vehicles with VINs in this range will not have this availability as yet. We are working towards inclusion in later updates."

Shirley they know which software on which models would be compatible with the construction of the program that they released.

Reactions: JLC13 and Droschke
Upvote 0
That. Would. Be. Too. Easy.

Better yet, the brain trust that cobbles these things together could include a caveat with the release notes. It could say something like, "Not all Tesla vehicles manufactured before MM/YY will have access to this feature with this release at this time." Or, "Vehicles with VINs in this range will not have this availability as yet. We are working towards inclusion in later updates."

Shirley they know which software on which models would be compatible with the construction of the program that they released.

You are expecting the developers to have both access and a care for vehicles that are not the most current model year at any given time.

That is so cute that you are that idealistic. They want to be a software company, which is the type of corporation where customers just continually keep giving them money for upgrades and new things and tossing off the previous version like so many discarded iPhones.

I am not surprised that the most inane features are not passed backwards to older versions, it is how they encourage people to discard this five figure rolling iPhone.

As a secondary reason, with how often the child running the company goes through and dismisses large swaths of the experienced talent working for him, it is entirely possible that the people who are developing now have no idea what features existed on the older versions because it happened before they ever worked for the company.

You can’t keep any institutional knowledge around if you keep tossing out the people that have that institutional knowledge. But then again you can grab any warm body off the street and “train them in the company way“ as if that was somehow a better way. Just visit a service center and see how your experience is, if you think that it is a better way.

Upvote 0
Hey Tesla - How hard would it be to correct this:

1668189255630.png

That wrong color is so ugly ... I hate it ... It shows up both on my IC and the 17" touch display. Why did you messed it up after almost 8 years of ownership?

Upvote 0
Thanks for your explanation, Geordi. Guess I am old school where I take pride in my work. I am further old school in that I take notes and keep copies of old stuff around because, you just never know. (Business-related stuff, not 30-year-old newspaper clippings.)

Maybe I am wrong, but I think that electronic storage of old stuff is cheap and should be available to the appropriate person (your institutional knowledge reference) when needed.

If the latest fad is not available for old cars, so be it. And, again I may be wrong, but I would assume (always dangerous) that it takes 20 minutes of time to insert a caveat or disclaimer with these gadgets and gizmos.

Nice metaphor regarding the Chief Executive Child. 😜

Sorry about your color, Droschke. If you can't change the picture in the car, perhaps you should repaint your car to match the picture. :eek:

Reactions: geordi and Droschke
Upvote 0
No worries CPA, I am right there with you on the same ideas of saving the old information. I have terabytes worth of storage of old files that I keep saying I’m going to get to “someday“ and try to clean them out. But drives are definitely cheap.

There is absolutely no reason why older technical knowledge cannot be retained, unless of course the reason is that it was never written in the first place. If you go through the owners manual, I defy you to find a graphic and description of the speedometer on the instrument panel. It’s not there. They made a massive assumption that everyone knows exactly what the display on the screen would be and what everything means, because of course everyone would know. Everyone sitting around them already knows how it is and what it does… Every single person who sits down in the car must be one of the developers, right?

This is what happens when you have a software company filled with engineers and the people in the colored pencil department are really only designing exterior aesthetics instead of User Interface. If you end up with gray text on a light gray background. Oh wait… We have that too, in all it’s hard-to-read glory.

Reactions: cpa and Droschke
Upvote 0
Hey Tesla - How hard would it be to correct this:

View attachment 873574

That wrong color is so ugly ... I hate it ... It shows up both on my IC and the 17" touch display. Why did you messed it up after almost 8 years of ownership?
I can't agree more Droschke, I have the same navy blue Model S as yours. Not even this flashy blue is horrible, but the illustration of the car itself is looking really cheap compared to the previous one. 😢

Upvote 0
Ugh, I just paid for the MCU2 upgrade because my MCU1 screen started doing the thing where it delaminates and leaks plasma goo all over the center console. Now I have this avatar color mismatch issue as well. 2014 MS 85, navy blue.

Yes, yes, first world problems and all that, but it's grating to see the two side by side all the time!

Reactions: Vinc
Upvote 0
Ugh, I just paid for the MCU2 upgrade because my MCU1 screen started doing the thing where it delaminates and leaks plasma goo all over the center console. Now I have this avatar color mismatch issue as well. 2014 MS 85, navy blue.

Yes, yes, first world problems and all that, but it's grating to see the two side by side all the time!
Yeah, unfortunately it seems that at this point, it is just the way it is...

Upvote 0