Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla colorizer not working on 2014 Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,
This could look a bit silly as not an essential car feature, 😊 but does anyone knows if Colorizer is working on 2014 pre AP cars ? I just got an MCU2 upgrade and car illustration color is not matching anymore on some screens of the user interface.
I was hoping to solve this with the new colorizer feature but this is not appearing after the 2022.20.5 upgrade.

Thanks,
Nico.

I just got the MCU2 on my 2014 - And wheel configuration is there under 2022.20.6, but colorizer is not. There's nothing above my car's name on that screen or in the toybox. Actually as far as toybox, there's nothing different from MCU1. I'd still have done the upgrade (even losing the XM radio) b/c the screens are nicer and definitely performing faster. But I wish there was more options / data in the navigation to be closer to either Google or Waze.

The toys, meh.

It also feels like the radio volume is reduced from where it had been with MCU1? I find myself setting it around 8 where previously 5/6 was good on the highway.

Reactions: ShibbyRomes
Upvote 0
I have a 2014 model S as well. Literally just installed the latest update at 5:35 PM on Wednesday, July 27. Still no colorizer function under software or toybox. As with some of you, I have a dark blue Tesla and for the last three or four updates, I sometimes see the bright blue that’s the new color and sometimes see the dark blue, my original. Like others have said, it’s not a big deal it’s just annoying for $100,000 luxury vehicle, considering this car is 50% or more computer, it shouldn’t be a problem . And like others have said, I could just change the color altogether with this new feature but why is this new feature not available on older Teslas? I did upgrade to MCU2

• Informative
Reactions: Droschke
Upvote 0
Still no colorizer function.
I just installed the 2022.20.7 update myself and just like @Trauma911 I still don't see the feature either.

Not saying you guys are not looking in the correct place, but it took me a while to figure out where to find it:

From what we can tell, the colorizer feature needs firmware version 2022.20.6 or newer, and it's located, not within the Toy Box or the Games/Entertainment section, but in Controls→ Software→ Little square above the vehicle's name:

$_57.jpeg

Upvote 0
Not saying you guys are not looking in the correct place, but it took me a while to figure out where to find it:

From what we can tell, the colorizer feature needs firmware version 2022.20.6 or newer, and it's located, not within the Toy Box or the Games/Entertainment section, but in Controls→ Software→ Little square above the vehicle's name:

View attachment 833583
Not there. I just see my car in the recent bright blue color “Sad face emoji”. I upgraded the MCU to MCU2 to get cool updates, now we’re left out again. Reminds me of Apple, the older the phone, the less you get to do.

Upvote 0