TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla.com is posting used 2016 Model S 75D with 0-60 times at 4.4

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Lee_B, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Lee_B

Lee_B Supporting Member

Model S 75D 5YJSA1E24GF168063 | Tesla

This is an example but all of the used 2016 75Ds are listing 0-60 times of 4.4 seconds. The old 75Ds don't have the upgraded DU so what gives? That's a hell of a lot of typos. It's not the 4.3 time of the new DU so did Tesla improve the 75Ds and not tell anyone? I'm sooooooooooo confused. I am trying to get another 75D but will buy CPO if this is true.

2. idleuser

idleuser Member

I wouldn't trust a website typo. The only thing I would trust is the manufacture date since there are no guarantees.

3. Lee_B

Lee_B Supporting Member

I hear you but I expected them to correct it and it's not a minor thing. The think that's strange is no other MS has a 0-60 time of 4.4. Anyhow just a thought.

4. David99

David99 Active Member

The max power is pretty much set by software. Jason has showed us that you can use an old 85 and use the firmware of a P85 and get the same performance. The drive units are identical. He also showed that he was able to get the ludicrous power on a RWD car by using the right firmware and emulating the front motor. Tesla can easily adjust the power via software and it looks like that's just what they did recently when they upgraded the power on many cars after the fact.

5. voltronhb

voltronhb Member

#5 voltronhb, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    If the update is cost effective to improve the acceleration, it makes sense for Tesla to do the hardware update to all CPOs. This definitely adds value on CPO vs private sale and Model 3. While it may be beneficial for Tesla, it hurts existing owner values in the short term. These changes make me feel that Tesla is a combination of innovative, desperate and short sighted. Since sales for the S and X has seemed to plateau, it's important financially for Tesla to do whatever is possible to maintain sales.

6. Lee_B

Lee_B Supporting Member

David that's what I am hoping. If so I don't understand why Tesla doesn't announce this.

7. Lee_B

Lee_B Supporting Member

That would be BS if they did that. How would you know what vehicle u purchase in the future as well. The specs need to correspond to something I would think. Anyhow, it may seem that the new DU gives u actually .01 seconds of acceleration. I hope this is an update that is coming or been pushing out recently.

8. number12

number12 Active Member

It's like people at Tesla stay up at night trying to figure out ways to drop 'early adopter's' resale value.

New autopilot 2.0
    New hardware
    New hardware
    Lower price
    New hardware
    Faster car
    Lower price
    New autopilot 2.5

It's been a tough 8 months of ownership.

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Love x 1
  9. Lee_B

Lee_B Supporting Member

I hear you. Doesn't look like they are going to slow down either

10. Irishpilot

Irishpilot Member

I'd like to know the truth data on that. I ordered a custom because of the quicker 0-60 and 2.5 hardware. Now orders are backed up and delivery for mine is late Oct, early Nov.

11. David99

David99 Active Member

Interesting. There are several old Model S 85 (RWD). Listed 0-60 time is 5.4 seconds. I have an old 85 with 130k miles on it. It's doing 0-60 in 5.0 seconds.

12. chibi_kurochan

We should just stop following this forum or reading the news about tesla.. at the end of the day, still happy about what we have ;) progress is always hard to cope with.

• Like x 1
  13. mrbulk

mrbulk New Member

Hello, new here. Am I doing something wrong, or is the Tesla.com site no longer showing available inventory, both new and used? I just get a blank page now...

14. RayW

RayW Member

Buying a Tesla is like buying a new TV -- no matter what you get, there will be something better/faster/cheaper before the next holiday

15. number12

number12 Active Member

This I understand. I rather have an urge to buy a new $1500 TV every month vs $100k car. I can barely can tell the difference between TVs these days.

• Like x 1
  16. number12

number12 Active Member

That's Bc they are making changes at end of q3. Shut down at factory for changes.

17. apacheguy

apacheguy S Sig #255

But it is curious to me then that Tesla has (so far) not offered the same perf boost in the RWD 75 CPOs. The rumor is that the RWD actually require new hardware whereas the duals do not.

18. Ross9733

Ross9733 Member

You have this confirmed?? I ordered august with original delivery late September which now shows October November. So not sure what your saying is the reason.

19. evster

evster Member

20. number12

number12 Active Member

Look at when AP 1 and AP2 were released.

You are in good shape. Do not accept early delivery. Wait till after q3 ends.