Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla.com is posting used 2016 Model S 75D with 0-60 times at 4.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Lee_B

Supporting Member
Nov 22, 2016
Alexandria VA
Model S 75D 5YJSA1E24GF168063 | Tesla

This is an example but all of the used 2016 75Ds are listing 0-60 times of 4.4 seconds. The old 75Ds don't have the upgraded DU so what gives? That's a hell of a lot of typos. It's not the 4.3 time of the new DU so did Tesla improve the 75Ds and not tell anyone? I'm sooooooooooo confused. I am trying to get another 75D but will buy CPO if this is true.

The max power is pretty much set by software. Jason has showed us that you can use an old 85 and use the firmware of a P85 and get the same performance. The drive units are identical. He also showed that he was able to get the ludicrous power on a RWD car by using the right firmware and emulating the front motor. Tesla can easily adjust the power via software and it looks like that's just what they did recently when they upgraded the power on many cars after the fact.

If the update is cost effective to improve the acceleration, it makes sense for Tesla to do the hardware update to all CPOs. This definitely adds value on CPO vs private sale and Model 3. While it may be beneficial for Tesla, it hurts existing owner values in the short term. These changes make me feel that Tesla is a combination of innovative, desperate and short sighted. Since sales for the S and X has seemed to plateau, it's important financially for Tesla to do whatever is possible to maintain sales.

Last edited:
If the update is cost effective to improve the acceleration, it makes sense to just do the hardware update to all CPOs. This definitely adds value on CPO vs private sale and Model 3.

That would be BS if they did that. How would you know what vehicle u purchase in the future as well. The specs need to correspond to something I would think. Anyhow, it may seem that the new DU gives u actually .01 seconds of acceleration. I hope this is an update that is coming or been pushing out recently.

If the update is cost effective to improve the acceleration, it makes sense to just do the hardware update to all CPOs. This definitely adds value on CPO vs private sale and Model 3.

It's like people at Tesla stay up at night trying to figure out ways to drop 'early adopter's' resale value.

New autopilot 2.0
New hardware
New hardware
Lower price
New hardware
Faster car
Lower price
New autopilot 2.5

It's been a tough 8 months of ownership.

It's like people at Tesla stay up at night trying to figure out ways to drop 'early adopter's' resale value.

New autopilot 2.0
New hardware
New hardware
Lower price
New hardware
Faster car
Lower price
New autopilot 2.5

We should just stop following this forum or reading the news about tesla.. at the end of the day, still happy about what we have ;) progress is always hard to cope with.

Reactions: outie

New autopilot 2.0
New hardware
New hardware
Lower price
New hardware
Faster car
Lower price
New autopilot 2.5

Buying a Tesla is like buying a new TV -- no matter what you get, there will be something better/faster/cheaper before the next holiday

The max power is pretty much set by software. Jason has showed us that you can use an old 85 and use the firmware of a P85 and get the same performance. The drive units are identical. He also showed that he was able to get the ludicrous power on a RWD car by using the right firmware and emulating the front motor. Tesla can easily adjust the power via software and it looks like that's just what they did recently when they upgraded the power on many cars after the fact.

But it is curious to me then that Tesla has (so far) not offered the same perf boost in the RWD 75 CPOs. The rumor is that the RWD actually require new hardware whereas the duals do not.