Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla.Com Trade In Prices Currently (August 2021)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

boaterva

Supporting Member
Looking to possibly get the best price on my 2017 X without the hassle of private sale while the used and X market is hot. Using the Tesla.com trade in feature (since they know most of the details of the car) gets me 73K (5K more than Vroom, etc.). My question is: Is there a way to have this adjusted by having the car looked at in person for other individual details such as: 100% PPF, low wear, etc.? Or are their automated quotes the done deal? Thanks!

tesla was the lowest trade in when i checked last week. Vroom was $15k more and is easy to get a quote. I would try others as well but Tesla trade in was surprising low. Sold it private party for $30K more or could have sold it to vroom for $20K more than tesla trade in.

I tried Vroom, Carmax, and Tesla back and March and again a few weeks ago. In March Tesla was only lower than CarMax and vroom by the sales tax amount(not leasing) so I went with them, but a few weeks ago Carmax offerred me a $10,000 premium and I cancelled. My Model X(2016 90D) has an August EDD so if Tesla starts delivering refresh Xes, I'm expecting to not trade in with them right now. We'll see though.

My Model X(2016 90D) has an August EDD so if Tesla starts delivering refresh Xes,
August, you are FUNNY. I too have an August EDD but don't think that will ever happen in August 2021. Not selling my 9-2020 built red X we just bought in May as couldn't wait so that's why we bought it. Haven't cancled with Tesla, as want to see when the new one is really available, (I'm guessing late Sept or end of quarter push Oct. ) $100 is lost anyway, so may as well play the game and see when it would have come.

I tried Vroom, Carmax, and Tesla back and March and again a few weeks ago. In March Tesla was only lower than CarMax and vroom by the sales tax amount(not leasing) so I went with them, but a few weeks ago Carmax offerred me a $10,000 premium and I cancelled. My Model X(2016 90D) has an August EDD so if Tesla starts delivering refresh Xes, I'm expecting to not trade in with them right now. We'll see though.
Our 2016 90D was valued at 39k from Tesla, 43k from Vroom and we were gonna go with Tesla just to avoid the hassle, but the X fb group suggested Carmax so we went there and they offered 54!! We sold it that day and just rented a car until the wife got her LR Y Aug 7th.