Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla.com - "Transitioning to Tesla Vision"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We should call it phantom phantom braking.

Virtually every single Tesla (>1M) has a built-in dashcam which automatically records when you start driving, however, capturing these phantom braking events is the rarest of the rare. Owners have phones which all have integrated cameras. There also are many dashcams, GoPros, or whatnot that owners can use...

I'm curious if there are any videos or dashcams showing the phantom braking events.

Reactions: WhiteWi
Good Day,
So, about a week ago, I picked up Tesla Model 3 2023 , I also paid for "Enhanced Autopilot". However, I discovered that the feature is not available. I asked the service team when it is going to be available, they indicated they do not know.
if I knew that before hand, I would not be picking up the car.
Who should I complain?
Thanks

Good Day,
So, about a week ago, I picked up Tesla Model 3 2023 , I also paid for "Enhanced Autopilot". However, I discovered that the feature is not available. I asked the service team when it is going to be available, they indicated they do not know.
Who should I complain?
Thanks
Uhm, you should look at your bill of sale to be sure, because EAP can be turned on immediately.

Good Day,
Who should I complain?
Thanks

(moderator note)

since this thread title and premise is incorrect, it will be merged with the existing discussion on tesla vision and no ultrasonic sensors. The original thread title said "No Enhanced autopilot" which is not correct.

The parts of enhanced autopilot that are missing are park assist, auto park, summon and smart summon (the same as other vehicles with no USS).

Does the transition to Tesla Vision affect the availability of some features on vehicles delivered on or after October 2022?
For a short period of time during this transition, Tesla Vision vehicles that are not equipped with USS will be delivered with some features temporarily limited or inactive, which includes the features outlined in the table below. This is not a separate thread topic but the existing one, so is merged with the existing discussion

Features*Equipped with USSNot equipped with USS
Forward Collision Warning
Automatic Emergency Braking
Lane Departure Warning / Avoidance
Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance
Pedal Misapplication Mitigation
Auto High Beam
Autowiper
Blind Spot Collision Warning Chime
AutoSteer**
Auto Lane Changes
Navigate on Autopilot
Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control
Park AssistComing soon
AutoparkComing soon
SummonComing soon
Smart SummonComing soon
*Features listed are reflective of availability in North America. Features vary based on region and purchased Autopilot package.

**Autosteer maintains its 85 mph top speed, which is the same as Tesla Vision vehicles equipped with USS.

In the near future, once these features achieve performance parity to today’s vehicles, they will be restored via a series of over-the-air software updates.

Good Day,
Who should I complain?
Thanks
Enhanced Autopilot has been available for years. I had it, out of the gate on my 2018. I would suggest opening a service ticket.

@joenathan Thanks.
it is kinda concerning, I paid for the features and they are not there. :)
Let's be clear about EAP. Are you saying you don't have any of the EAP features available (Touch the car icon, then Autopilot settings)? You don't see Autosteer, Navigate on Autopilot, the button to change NoA settings?

The parking features (Autopark, Summon) are not available on your car until the software is updated to use vision for parking. But you should have the NoA features there.

Also - make sure your car is connected to a WiFi network, as the firmware on new cars usually gets updated within a few days to a week or so after you buy it. Mine updated about a day after I took delivery, but I've read others say it took a couple weeks. Want to make sure you're on the latest and greatest.

Good Day,
Who should I complain?
Thanks
Specifically, what feature is not available? IIRC, there's no "Enhanced Autopilot" listed on the screen but several other autopilot features that need to be enabled before they are available for use.

@MorrisonHiker Features like: AutoParking, Summon,
As @jjrandorin showed in the graph above, some Enhanced Autopilot features aren't currently available on new cars that don't have ultrasonic sensors. Before taking delivery, Tesla should've had you confirm your car wouldn't come with ultrasonic sensors and that those four features weren't currently available. All other features, such as Auto Lane Change, Navigate on Autopilot, etc. should be enabled if you purchased Enhanced Autopilot.