Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla.com - "Transitioning to Tesla Vision"

Mardak

Oct 13, 2018
USA
I'm not sure if people would consider this phantom braking, but here's Tesla Vision FSD Beta 9 suddenly slowing down from 55mph to 45mph (large green regen bar) without a clear visualization of why. Old FSD Betas with dot boxes provided a little bit more insights into everything Autopilot was seeing even if they were low confidence predictions, but now it's harder to figure out from the display why it decided to hit the brakes.

phantom braking.jpg

JHCCAZ

Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2021
Tucson
I'm not sure if people would consider this phantom braking, but here's Tesla Vision FSD Beta 9 suddenly slowing down from 55mph to 45mph (large green regen bar) without a clear visualization of why. Old FSD Betas with dot boxes provided a little bit more insights into everything Autopilot was seeing even if they were low confidence predictions, but now it's harder to figure out from the display why it decided to hit the brakes.

View attachment 683899
Were you the driver? Sorry but I can't tell from the jpeg what is the official speed limit here.

My initial comment is that I'd be surprised if the speed limit is 55 or even 50 through this intersection, but maybe so. If not, I would just say that maybe the FSD tries to moderate speed through intersections. On the other hand, it shouldn't make that adjustment too abruptly.

Mardak

Oct 13, 2018
USA

elguapo

Supporting Member
Apr 24, 2013
Maryland
As someone who bought FSD and ended up with no radar for $10,000, it does suck that I could’ve paid $199/month for a subscription when I need it. I believe it will be a long time before city FSD is out. Oh well, not the first time I’ve lost money by being an early adopter.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker

Lounanne

Aug 25, 2020
Las Vegas
Perhaps this has been covered but will the distance indicator be removed with Tesla vision? Without radar, how will the vehicle know distance to an object when parking?

Too bad Tesla does not have cross traffic in its vision

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC