Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Coming Soon Supercharger map updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tdreamer

Plaid Supercharger
Supporting Member
Sep 10, 2017
Bedford, Massachusetts
Tesla updated their coming soon map with the following changes for the MA/ME/NH/RI area (obviously, they made changes to other states as well, but these were the ones I was tracking):

Amesbury, MA - changed from Q122 to 2022
Burlington, MA - changed from 2022 to Q421
Gloucester, MA - changed from Q421 to Q222
Lexington, MA - changed from Q321 to Q421 (interesting, as this site appears nearly done, missing utility transformer)
Newton, MA - changed from Q321 to Q421
Tyngsborough, MA - changed from Q321 to Q421

Bar Harbor, ME - changed from 2022 to Q421 (yeah - seems like they've likely completed site selection)
Camden, ME - added, Q222

North Conway, NH - changed from 2022 to Q421 (yeah - seems like they've likely completed site selection)

Other coming soon pins in these states do not seem to have changed. Wasn't tracking CT, so not sure of any changes there.

They seem to think ME and Maine are two different states. Maybe they should hurry up with Bar Harbor since ME doesn't have a single Supercharger site in operation.

MEMAINE.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: jlv1
Bar Harbor, ME - changed from 2022 to Q421 (yeah - seems like they've likely completed site selection)
Camden, ME - added, Q222
Camden, ME: I'd suggest it'd be at the Hannaford south of Camden. No way you'd want it _in_ Camden.
Bar Harbor, ME: close to the Nova Scotia ferry terminal?

Still think Belfast and Ellsworth would be the ideal choice for highway coverage.

Hopefully they're just using those locations to show the areas.

Last edited:
Camden, ME: I'd suggest it'd be at the Hannaford south of Camden. No way you'd want it _in_ Camden.
Bar Harbor, ME: close to the Nova Scotia ferry terminal?

Still think Belfast and Ellsworth would be the ideal choice for highway coverage.

Hopefully they're just using those locations to show the areas.
What's wrong with Camden?

Great news about Maine. Maybe some has read all my posts where I bitched and moaned about needing a Supercharger in Camden. With Camden and Bar Harbor they'll have Maine covered. Rockland would be fine also if they can't find a good spot in Camden.

I have two more places on my wish list, Newport which is planned and North Adams which still isn't. Route 2 has no coverage in Western MA, the intersection of Route 2 and Route 7 would be perfect.

Reactions: chjch and Tdreamer
Great news about Maine. Maybe some has read all my posts where I bitched and moaned about needing a Supercharger in Camden. With Camden and Bar Harbor they'll have Maine covered. Rockland would be fine also if they can't find a good spot in Camden.

I have two more places on my wish list, Newport which is planned and North Adams which still isn't. Route 2 has no coverage in Western MA, the intersection of Route 2 and Route 7 would be perfect.
Agreed on both of those sites being good holes to fill.

Reactions: kayak1
Somerville would be great. Any details on location?

Probably safe to assume it will be at Assembly Row or on McGrath.

Agreed, and the date moving forward means most likely there is some progress somewhere...I will keep my eyes open. I REALLY hope it's not in a parking garage. I couldn't get to the EA chargers last time because the assembly lot was "full"

Is Rhode Island making it difficult for Tesla to install Superchargers? There still is no date for Middleton and I notice that they've added a Supercharger in Mystic Conn which has a Q2 2022 date on it. Mystic isn't that far from New London which already has a Supercharger putting one over the line in Rhode Island would have been better spacing.

Reactions: Catbiscuits
Camden or Rockland are the right locations, Belfast is too far. Camden is a destination, lots of excellent restaurants and Inns, Belfast is just a stop on the way to Bar Harbor.
The locals might have something to say about that... My in-laws live on an island off the coast of Bar Harbor so Ellsworth or Belfast is always a stop for us when driving out to them or leaving for something on the main-land.

The locals might have something to say about that... My in-laws live on an island off the coast of Bar Harbor so Ellsworth or Belfast is always a stop for us when driving out to them or leaving for something on the main-land.
Camden is on the way to Belfast, if you were heading to Belfast then making a quick stop in Camden would do the job for you. My point is that Camden is the major destination in that part of Maine, we go to that area every year. A Supercharger in Camden or Rockland serves the needs of people who are going to Camden as well as people who are heading through.

Bummed that Pembroke, MA has disappeared off the list. The town wanted to require Tesla to provide firefighting training which doesn’t seem entirely unreasonable. At the time I’m pretty sure Tesla’s regional director of Supercharger development actually lived in Pembroke.. would’ve have thought that would be enough to get it done.

Bummed that Pembroke, MA has disappeared off the list. The town wanted to require Tesla to provide firefighting training which doesn’t seem entirely unreasonable. At the time I’m pretty sure Tesla’s regional director of Supercharger development actually lived in Pembroke.. would’ve have thought that would be enough to get it done.
This is an example of why the licensing for chargers should be taken out of local hands and handled at the State or Federal level. I'm sure the zoning board in Pembroke thought that asking for fire fighting training was perfectly reasonable, the result is that they aren't going to get a Supercharger. Some towns tried to pull the same thing on Verizon when they were rolling out FIOS, they demanded that they get free Internet for their schools and public buildings. The result was their residents never got FIOS and are stuck with lousy Internet access. Fireman do need battery fire training but that's the responsibility of the state not any private company. There are always going to be new hazards that first responders have to deal with, keeping up with them is part of the cost of running fire departments.