TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla commitment to service

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by asgard, May 24, 2018.

1. asgard

asgard Member

Anyone heard from service advisors about how long Tesla is going to keep servicing Roadsters?
    I had a power train fault and it took a while to diagnose. The SC had to email engineering in Palo Alto who took a week to get back with possible answers.
    They did debug it — turned out to be a defective ignition switch that was sending bad signals.

2. sethr

sethr CPO Roadster #1089

I asked that very question at my annual service last month - they said they'll continue servicing our Roadsters indefinitely. Of course, what other response would one expect to hear? BUT: the problem is PARTS (last year my 400 volt controller went bad due to a deteriorated seal. They told me I got the last one, from Europe.) So, it won't matter that they're willing to fix things, if there are no parts!

3. Fludoc

Fludoc New Member

Good luck. Can’t get them to correctly service AC unit on a model X.

4. asgard

asgard Member

I think we are down to the last few PEMs on the 1.5 Roadsters.
    My PEM died last year and it took them three months to locate one.

5. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

They had a shortage last year and the year before. They have more now. It's not as long a wait.

6. backmost

backmost Member

Do they just keep refurbishing old/defective parts? What happens when we run out...

7. asgard

asgard Member

I received a refurbished PEM though technically they are supposed to use new parts.
    My original JVC KD-NX505 faceplate stopped working under warranty and I received a refurb as well.
    At some point we're going to run into parts issues and I'm afraid that's the end of the road for gen1 Roadsters.
    Since there are so few of us, its not worth it to any aftermarket suppliers.