Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla commitment to service

asgard

Aug 17, 2013
CA
Anyone heard from service advisors about how long Tesla is going to keep servicing Roadsters?
I had a power train fault and it took a while to diagnose. The SC had to email engineering in Palo Alto who took a week to get back with possible answers.
They did debug it — turned out to be a defective ignition switch that was sending bad signals.

sethr

CPO Roadster #1089
Mar 24, 2013
Fairfax, VA
I asked that very question at my annual service last month - they said they'll continue servicing our Roadsters indefinitely. Of course, what other response would one expect to hear? BUT: the problem is PARTS (last year my 400 volt controller went bad due to a deteriorated seal. They told me I got the last one, from Europe.) So, it won't matter that they're willing to fix things, if there are no parts!

asgard

Aug 17, 2013
CA
I received a refurbished PEM though technically they are supposed to use new parts.
My original JVC KD-NX505 faceplate stopped working under warranty and I received a refurb as well.
At some point we're going to run into parts issues and I'm afraid that's the end of the road for gen1 Roadsters.
Since there are so few of us, its not worth it to any aftermarket suppliers.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC