TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Companion App

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by castor, May 13, 2014.

1. Higgy

Higgy Member

A useless comment

2. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Supporting Member

But is this app even going to work with the changes Tesla has been making to the servers? Most new users are on new servers, and none of the third party apps are working. I believe the thinking is that as Tesla migrates more users to the new servers, more and more people won't be able to use any of the third party apps.

3. ahimberg

ahimberg Member

Tesla Connect for Phone was updated awhile ago to use the new owner-api servers, the only login errors I've had people report are temporary outages impacting the official apps too. I've compared the network traffic between my app and the official ones, doing the exact same requests

Have you tried it?

4. Andyw2100

I actually don't have a Windows phone.

If you've updated your app to use the new servers, have your users had issues with throttling? I understand from reading the Visible Tesla thread that throttling is an issue for the people testing the new Visible Tesla software that makes use of the new servers.

5. dvroegop

dvroegop Member

When I took my first test drive, I specifically asked about the Windows Phone support (back in October 2014). They said there were options to use WP with the Model S and I shouldn't worry about it. To me, this is extremely important. It might have been a deal breaker if they told me there was no official support for Windows Phone. Now, just 2 weeks before I take delivery of my Model S I learn that there are issues. And that support for WP comes from enthousiastic 3rd parties. And that they are not supportive at all.

I have a lot of trouble digesting this. Tesla wants to be seen as a forward looking company but this kind of makes that hard to believe.

I am actually disappointed.

6. J1mbo

J1mbo Active Member

Come on guys, lack of a mobile app is a deal breaker for a car sale... really?

I use WP, and the Companion app is so good that Tesla should just buy it from the author and offer it as an official product.

7. miemrich

miemrich Member

I fully agree. Companion is a great app and it is a shame that it disappeared from the Windows Store. I now use Tesla Connect but sincerely hope that Companion will be back soon. If there is anything I can help with to get this done, please let me know.

Mike

8. Dennis87

Dennis87 Member

Any news?

I will gladly pay for this great app if it does return :)

9. invisik

invisik Supporting Member

Same here, will definitely pay. My calendar is never updated anymore either. :)

-m

10. mejojo

mejojo Member

I haven't had the opportunity to use Companion app...did it have time-based charging scheduling that we are waiting for in-car?

I use Tesla Connect and it is very useful.... @ahimberg any thoughts of adding charging schedule?

11. Usatyke

Usatyke Member

12. NielsChr

NielsChr Member

Tesla Companion is one of the best WP apps for tesla - it support multiple languages/regions, and all the functionallity one need - including live titles.
    sadly to see it gone away from the WP store.

worked like a charm with my privious P85, and hope it will still work with my upcomming P85d

13. L@urens

[email protected] Family, Racing, Karting, MTBing

Not to break anyones hearth but I've switched to an iPhone and could not be happier. Tesla is just one example of where the Windows Phone app ecosystem is severely lacking and that is killing it. The OS itself is good enough though.

14. stacyh3

stacyh3 Member

Tesla Companion is a great app. I'd definitely pay for it. I use Tesla Connect as well, but Companion just had a more polished look. Both great code though.

15. Dennis87

Dennis87 Member

The iphone app dont have some of the features the WP companion app did. And also do not like iphone or android so that is not an option.

16. Gear

Gear Member

Amen

17. PaulW5

PaulW5 Paul Willemsen

+1!

18. invisik

Hi....

Just got a Windows 10 Mobile phone (Lumia 950).. Tesla Companion can't seem to connect to anything.... any one else got it to work on W10M? I hate to have to return the phone (but oddly Tesla Companion also now doesn't work on my Lumia 1520 on WP 8.1) (VisibleTesla v50 still works though on full Windows 10)

Thanks...

-m

19. Andyw2100

Tesla Companion is no longer working, and hasn't been for about a year. (See post below, from the developer.)

20. invisik

Hi..

The main functions that don't require their cloud server (like turn on HVAC, start charging) have worked for me up until a few weeks ago. The cloud stuff like the calendar haven't been working for a long time. Maybe I just caught up with everyone else if it hasn't worked for anyone since his announcement.

Ah well...

-m