TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Companion App

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by castor, May 13, 2014.

1. apacheguy

apacheguy S Sig #255

The portal API was deprecated with release of the OAuth API. The portal was shutdown a few months ago explaining why these functions no longer work.

2. invisik

invisik Supporting Member

Ahh, thanks for that info... makes sense with what I'm seeing. So I guess Tesla Companion is fully done now..... :(

-m

3. ACDriveMotor

ACDriveMotor Member

I use Tesla Companion on WP8.1 all the time. My car is buried in a garage so I can't test right now but it was working yesterday.

4. invisik

Hi again..

I have a few windows phones that im experimenting with windows 10 on..... Loaded some updates tonight and Tesla Companion is working again...... Uh... Wtf?! I already turned my phone and got an android one.. Heh.

I guess I need more testing... Argh.

5. invisik

Hi again, it has been working since about Feb 2016 consistently. Multiple times a day I use Tesla Companion on my HP Elite X3 Windows 10 Mobile phone and the main functions work fine. On my Windows 10 desktop computer I have Tesla Connect working (I can't get Tesla Companion to work for some reason).

So not sure if the old API is fully gone or not.... but these apps are working!

-m

6. gmontem

gmontem Model S P01707

Not to derail this thread, but lately I have been using Tesla Control Centre more than the Tesla Companion app. It's missing calendar support, and Summon support is UK only for now according to the app listing (not that I can do that with my classic S85). Other than those two, this app is pretty good.

https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh518fg