Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Complaint Line

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does Tesla have a compliant line or anywhere to call with a problem like other manufacturers do? i'm really not thrilled with how my SC visit was handled Not that it was horrible per say but it just seems like they did as little as possible while not really taking the issues seriously. Obviously speaking to the service center appears to be a waste of time and I'm trying to see if there is anyone else to contact.

Does Tesla have a compliant line or anywhere to call with a problem like other manufacturers do? i'm really not thrilled with how my SC visit was handled Not that it was horrible per say but it just seems like they did as little as possible while not really taking the issues seriously. Obviously speaking to the service center appears to be a waste of time and I'm trying to see if there is anyone else to contact.

If you want to effect them, when you get the email from tesla about how your service center visit went, mark it accordingly. That does actually hurt them.

With that being said, my experiences with tesla has been pretty darn good. It really depends on what your complaints were. If you started in with "My battery has lost XX amount of range since I bought it" they basically shut down and ignore the rest of what you say because for 99.99% of the people making that complaint, there is actually nothing wrong with the vehicle.

So, if any part of your service center visit was because of "range loss of the battery" no one at tesla is going to listen to you, and you also run the real risk of anything else you say being ignored there, depending on how you make that complaint.

Reactions: SO16 and liuping
No it's about the hood alignment and the touch-up job they did in my bumper for the crappy paint they use at the factory. Both were basically like we did the best we can do, oh well. That's not acceptable. I guess I need to file a BBB complaint? Sad that they don't have any resolution system. Touching paint up worse than I can do it and getting it on the ppf is unacceptable. Claiming all they can do is touch up because I have ppf is BS too. I didn't tell them to use crappy paint.

I love the car but this is just pissing me off.

No it's about the hood alignment and the touch-up job they did in my bumper for the crappy paint they use at the factory. Both were basically like we did the best we can do, oh well. That's not acceptable. I guess I need to file a BBB complaint? Sad that they don't have any resolution system. Touching paint up worse than I can do it and getting it on the ppf is unacceptable. Claiming all they can do is touch up because I have ppf is BS too. I didn't tell them to use crappy paint.

I love the car but this is just pissing me off.

Good luck with a BBB complaint. I did the same thing when I had an issue with damage they caused to my rim. They denied it and then when I responded back to their crappy denial they just ignored BBB. They are not members of BBB so nothing can be done. This is done on purpose because they want ZERO accountability.

I love my car, love the updates but as the Model Y and 3 become more mainstream they are going to get their butts sued by many angry customers. It will make them change how they handle complaints.

Reactions: super20g
Does Tesla have a compliant line or anywhere

Sure, see below:

complaint-department-sign.jpg

Both our S & X could have been lemmon'ed. We sold them to poor unsuspecting buyers. Both cars were still under factory warranty - so it seemed best just to let (at least) 2 other owners experience the joy of easily memorizing the entire wardrobe of every service center worker, from being down there so frequently, and memorizing every dumb response of the known issues. Certainly those 2 owners will soon be passing on that joy to subsequent owner / buyers.
;)

Email from complaint to BBB, basically a FOAD response. how nice they treat their customers. I wrote a nice little email back about how no other car has these issues and Tesla specifications don't magically change the fact that no other car company has these types of issues. Not to mention that they completely glossed over the fact that they got paint on my PPF because the touchup work was so sloppy. I included pictures too.

I'm thinking of tweeting the pictures to Elon, I'm waiting to see if I get a response first. I don't understand some companies, its just like they really want to drive away customers.

Hello Robert,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re unhappy with the quality of repair performed by Tesla Service. I’ve checked with Nikolaos, the service advisor who assisted you. Nikolaos advised you the PPF would need to be removed in order to properly touch up the paint. However, you agreed to touch up the paint without giving them authorization to remove the PPF.

PPF is considered an aftermarket accessory. Because the accessory interferes with the repair procedure, we are unable to complete the repair properly. If you remove the PPF prior to your next service visit, we are happy to perform the touch up again.

It appears they adjusted your hood to factory specification. Please understand that comparing a Model 3’s hood fitment to another Model 3 isn’t an accurate representation of factory specifications. There are many factors that would cause one hood to be adjusted slightly different than another’s, which is why there is a tolerance, not an exact value.

Thank you for brining these concerns to our attention. If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Regards

Email from complaint to BBB, basically a FOAD response. how nice they treat their customers. I wrote a nice little email back about how no other car has these issues and Tesla specifications don't magically change the fact that no other car company has these types of issues. Not to mention that they completely glossed over the fact that they got paint on my PPF because the touchup work was so sloppy. I included pictures too.

I'm thinking of tweeting the pictures to Elon, I'm waiting to see if I get a response first. I don't understand some companies, its just like they really want to drive away customers.

Hello Robert,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re unhappy with the quality of repair performed by Tesla Service. I’ve checked with Nikolaos, the service advisor who assisted you. Nikolaos advised you the PPF would need to be removed in order to properly touch up the paint. However, you agreed to touch up the paint without giving them authorization to remove the PPF.

PPF is considered an aftermarket accessory. Because the accessory interferes with the repair procedure, we are unable to complete the repair properly. If you remove the PPF prior to your next service visit, we are happy to perform the touch up again.

It appears they adjusted your hood to factory specification. Please understand that comparing a Model 3’s hood fitment to another Model 3 isn’t an accurate representation of factory specifications. There are many factors that would cause one hood to be adjusted slightly different than another’s, which is why there is a tolerance, not an exact value.

Thank you for brining these concerns to our attention. If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Regards

Was this signed by Helen?