Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla complimented during Microsoft's Windows 10 introduction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Uhm, yeah, that's not how you detect the operating system version in Windows...

There's actually a lot of Java apps out there doing it (there was a link to a code search engine). Not saying this is why they named it 10, but had it been 9, many of those apps would have I properly identified the local OS as 95 or 98

I remember when I got my first Lexus, back in 1990. It was the hot car then, and I even saw Steve Jobs driving his Lexus around that time. What made my day was when I first heard someone say "The Lexus of something" when before it was "The Cadillac of something." Now it will be "The Tesla of something."

Windows 10 is Windows 9.0 much like Windows Vista is Windows 6.0. Vista and XP aren't even numbers. ;-)
The actual version number of Windows 8.1 is 6.3.

Looking back, it was like this:
5.0 Windows 2000
5.1 Windows XP
6.0 Windows Vista
6.1 Windows 7
6.2 Windows 8
6.3 Windows 8.1

8.1 really is still on the same overall core as Vista, and the actual internal version number (you can see it by running the command "ver" on a command prompt) reflects this. It's not clear yet whether 10 will actually be 6.4 or 7.0; my money's on 6.4.

It's also worth noting that the system requirements for Windows havn't gone up since version 6.0 (Vista), another reason to believe that "Windows 10" will actually be version 6.4.

That's a doozy.

As a matter of fact, Duesenberg produced a "Model X".
(The origin of that phrase is frequently attributed to the Duesenberg, but the car may have just made the phrase more common because people could relate to it at the time.)

The actual version number of Windows 8.1 is 6.3.

Looking back, it was like this:
5.0 Windows 2000
5.1 Windows XP
6.0 Windows Vista
6.1 Windows 7
6.2 Windows 8
6.3 Windows 8.1

8.1 really is still on the same overall core as Vista, and the actual internal version number (you can see it by running the command "ver" on a command prompt) reflects this. It's not clear yet whether 10 will actually be 6.4 or 7.0; my money's on 6.4.

It's also worth noting that the system requirements for Windows havn't gone up since version 6.0 (Vista), another reason to believe that "Windows 10" will actually be version 6.4.

The real question is where is Microsoft's version of the Model X? :biggrin: