Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla cons -article in the Sun

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you would like a laugh, read this from "Tiktoker" Luke about the bad points about owning a Model 3. Things like you boil because the roof's glass and you can't sit at a supercharger without charging, or you pay. I've never looked at TikTok and if Luke is typical then I won't bother.

I bought a Tesla Model 3 - there're so many cons to owning an EV that I’m going back to a petrol car I bought a Tesla - there're so many cons to owning it, Im going back to petrol

• Funny
Reactions: M3noob and GSP
If you would like a laugh, read this from "Tiktoker" Luke about the bad points about owning a Model 3. Things like you boil because the roof's glass and you can't sit at a supercharger without charging, or you pay. I've never looked at TikTok and if Luke is typical then I won't bother.

I bought a Tesla Model 3 - there're so many cons to owning an EV that I’m going back to a petrol car I bought a Tesla - there're so many cons to owning it, Im going back to petrol
It has felt like the tabloids have been waging a war on EV's since the back end of last year. Once they cottoned onto the rich vein "of I set off on a 500 mile journey in a car with a range of 200 miles without doing any planning and it took me a month and my whole family died" stories there was no looking back. Last year the stories were often quite positive but he comments were horrendous. now they have aligned the stories with their readership.

God my news feed is bombarded with this crap constantly for some reason! 'I'm a motors expert and here's 5 dumb reasons not to buy a Tesla', 'I had to pay £200 just to open the door' (because somebody wanted a fob), and so on. I mean I bash Tesla on here as much as the next person for valid reasons, but this stuff is so cringeworthy!! Ughhh.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think the biggest problem here is that you read the Sun, i suggest you hang your head in shame.....

I think the biggest problem here is that you read the Sun, i suggest you hang your head in shame.....
No I certainly do not! It was a snippet of clickbait which appeared along with lots of other rubbish when I opened a new tab in Chrome. I would no more read the Sun than I would the Mail or any of the right wing propaganda that masquerades as a newspaper.

No I certainly do not! It was a snippet of clickbait which appeared along with lots of other rubbish when I opened a new tab in Chrome. I would no more read the Sun than I would the Mail or any of the right wing propaganda that masquerades as a newspaper.
However you did give them the oxygen of publicity by posting their nonsense story here there by possibly getting them additional clicks / revenue.........just sayin.

It’s because Tesla doesn’t advertise. I guarantee the moment they start forking out for ads in the birdcage liner tabloids, the vitriol will stop.

+1

The same stories about "'simpletons having bought a Tesla and going back to petrol" appear here in Belgium like clockwork.
As soon as Tesla will be part of their client-list, the media will stop rubbing them the wrong way.

Clearly it is not slowing demand since that continues to increase, but if it does make a few people question the EV route, at least it gives the UK government more time to sort out and expand the public charging infrastructure. Although that might be hopeful wishing on my part.

Reactions: GSP
on my facebook feed there are often EV stories and you get the usual stupid comments. But recently there seem to be at least a few more positive ones or balanced ones, so its not quite the pile-on it used to be.

hopefully as more people get them and realise they're just normal cars, things will calm down a bit.

Public perception and reality are rarely factual - and not just for Tesla or EVs in general - every change, new development, discovery, creation, is met with scepticism and vitriol, apart from those that embrace and adopt it.
I've never seen a construction proposal not objected to by thousands of NIMBYs and human nature is to try and slow/stop change - we as a species don't like change.
The truth of everything is that only those either within that field, using, working, developing or creating understand the pros and cons and those technical enough to develop it are not the right people to present it to the public or sell the idea/object.
There is also the issue of understanding - its not common even when explained in the same language, the same words to different people mean different things.

Its frustrating with EVs that so many garages are resisting - terrified to even do very minor work on them, they seem to treat every job as a potential to come into contact with high voltage, even MOT centres its hit and miss if they test EVs.

There are of course drawbacks and benefits to everything, the public seem to want a car where it has all the benefits an EV provides and all the benefits of an ICE in the one package, so the stories are created magnifying misunderstandings and lets face it, its easier to slag something than praise it.

Reactions: Exy1 and init6

I think his video probably suits his audience, if its not dramatic or controversial then the videos probably don't get much of a reaction, some of these 'influencers' deliberately make rubbish videos just so people share them whether you agree with the content or not!