Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla contacting TMC members

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not that hard - location is specified in most user profiles & then match that with their car configuration in their signature. So the first gives the service center and the service center probably doesn't have that many cars of the same identical configuration.

If you're asking if we give out emails, nope. Even the moderators don't have emails of forum members.

How do you think we moderators all got our Model S/Roadster?

We made a deal with Tesla. They gave us a car and in return we give them valuable information about the posters here. There you go, the genie is out of the bottle.

[size=-4]You hopefully understand the above is not true[/size]

I object to net anonymity and would never post anonymously myself. Please, let's take responsibility for our comments online. It's not as if Tesla is our employer, or otherwise has powers to abuse us as "whistleblowers".

And yes, I have been contacted by Tesla with a polite request to acknowledge that a problem I reported here had been taken care of by them. That seems eminently reasonable to me.

I object to net anonymity and would never post anonymously myself. Please, let's take responsibility for our comments online. It's not as if Tesla is our employer, or otherwise has powers to abuse us as "whistleblowers".

And yes, I have been contacted by Tesla with a polite request to acknowledge that a problem I reported here had been taken care of by them. That seems eminently reasonable to me.

I agree 100% with this comment. I often find those who hide behind anonymous accounts and names are the ones making crazy claims, stirring up flame wars and such. If I make a comment, it is with my personal reputation behind it, and will correct and apologize for any errors or mis-statements I may make.

It has been pretty clear to me that stuff I have written here has been read by Tesla staff.

There is certainly a policy that they can't post here, but there are a number who visit. If you worked for Tesla, wouldn't you be interested in what the owners were saying?

I don't think there is anything official, but with 2,500 roadster owners spread around the world it wasn't too hard to work out who is who (especially given the context of a particular post/thread). With more Model S owners, it is harder, but still possible.

Social media is important, particularly to a company like Tesla who doesn't advertise but relies on word of mouth.

Not really. The topic is about how Tesla knows who we are to contact us, so anonymous vs. transparent postings is relevant, I think...
Relevant but off-topic. Just like when I think someone's username is stupid -- relevant but off-topic.

"Here's what I think philosophically about ___ that happens to use some of the same words as the thread at hand" is usually off-topic in my book.

I don't think there is anything official, but with 2,500 roadster owners spread around the world it wasn't too hard to work out who is who (especially given the context of a particular post/thread). With more Model S owners, it is harder, but still possible.

Social media is important, particularly to a company like Tesla who doesn't advertise but relies on word of mouth.

I'm sure they haven't figured out who I am, though. Right?

- - - Updated - - -

Relevant but off-topic. Just like when I think someone's username is stupid -- relevant but off-topic.

"Here's what I think philosophically about ___ that happens to use some of the same words as the thread at hand" is usually off-topic in my book.

I'm saving this so I can quote you in the future, when replying to your query about why your post got moved.
:)