Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Contacts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Basically, I was really struggling to get any support from Tesla regarding my Gen 2 wall charger... I knew it was less than 4 years old and should be covered under warranty. The Tesla support team did not help me get this resolved and I had to resolve it myself - They were completely jerking me around on the appointments and messaging through the app… see below:

• Mar 1 sent Tesla a request for service through the app to repair/service my wall charger- They accepted the request but told me I had to wait for parts (I assumed this was a new charger)...
  • Mar 2nd they messaged me that my appointment had been pushed until much later in March told me I had to go to a service station to get this dealt with rather than an onsite visit. I told them that I commute with 2 teslas and that I could not be without a charger for so long... So Tesla moved up the appointment and told me the parts were in stock in a different location but I would have to go there... Also a service bulletin was requiring me to go in person to their location… I asked what this was and what it had to do with my wall charger and could I please speak with someone on the phone as I was desperate to get my charging situation sorted… They responded simply that it was regarding my HVAC (which I had never spoke to them about) and did not mention the wall charger issue at all.
  • Mar 4 I sent another message asking what this HVAC business was about and what is going on with my wall charger? No response on the 4th.
  • Mar 5 They responded saying this bulletin was “added” to my visit and was regarding the heating and ventilation. I responded AGAIN asking what do I have to do to get my wall charger repaired? They then finally gave me the email address for the wall connector support team… So I emailed them and asked them to help with my situation (I still have not heard back from them). Out of desperation, I ordered a new wall charger and had it installed (again, I don’t live in the city so getting electricians out is costly).

Now that I have finally gotten my Gen 3 charger installed and managed to reach someone by phone in the warranty dept, they are telling me that I have to hire an electrician to come and put it back on, so they can test it to ensure it’s faulty… Which of course means I would then have to hire him AGAIN to put the proper one back on as well. The electrical bill will cost as much as the charger.

After 5 days without a charger and a complete runaround from the service team, I had to deal with this problem and I did. I understand (now) that they needed to conduct a test with it still connected to determine if it is faulty (even though literature everywhere indicates a solid red light means internal failure) but I feel as though the service team has failed me in and left me hanging without the means to charge my 2 Teslas. I suppose that after spending $200K I hoped for better service than this. And now I am on the hook for a new charger when the old one was still under warranty.

I want to reach out to someone higher up the food chain. I don't suppose anyone on here has any contact with someone higher than a service rep?

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
Basically, I was really struggling to get any support from Tesla regarding my Gen 2 wall charger... I knew it was less than 4 years old and should be covered under warranty. The Tesla support team did not help me get this resolved and I had to resolve it myself - They were completely jerking me around on the appointments and messaging through the app… see below:

It really is too bad that the service center staff didn't direct you to the proper support channel right away. (It is possible that they don't even know about.)

Of course, it is clearly written out on their web site: Wall Connector

If you are experiencing problems with a Wall Connector, contact [email protected] or call 1-877-961-7652 for assistance.

I don't think it is unreasonable to give them the chance to troubleshoot the issue before issuing an RMA...

• Informative
Reactions: navguy12
It really is too bad that the service center staff didn't direct you to the proper support channel right away. (It is possible that they don't even know about.)

Of course, it is clearly written out on their web site: Wall Connector

I don't think it is unreasonable to give them the chance to troubleshoot the issue before issuing an RMA...
I certainly don't disagree. It's not unreasonable, but given their lack of a timely response, expecting me to go without charging while they are unresponsive (I STILL have not received a response to my email inquiry) is not acceptable. An electric car without a charger is not a reliable source of transportation. I suppose it's my fault for expecting Tesla to direct me to the right resource in the first place. The link you posted does have the support link at the bottom of the page, and I DID contact them via email WITHOUT a response, meanwhile, I was left without a charger for 2 Teslas with a hefty daily commute. I made the decision to replace the charger and hope for a reasonable outcome from Tesla... and that has not happened.

Hi everyone – to make contacting the right person at Tesla easier, we’ve streamlined our contacts for you:
  • For any customer issue, you can call us (877-798-3752), tweet us (@teslaservice) or email us ([email protected])
    • For Body shop or collision repair issues, you can get a Tesla Body Shop Customer Advocate to assist you by emailing us ([email protected]) or calling 877-798-3752 (press 2, then 4).
  • To escalate any issue, you can log into your Tesla account, click Support and then Executive Escalation.
Thanks,

Jon
So Tesla seems to be selling too many cars and lacks capacity to provide service later. Now they "divert" you to "local" "Tire shops". Yeah that's what people that drop 6 figures into a car want to trust in. Love the car but won't hang around for this kind of crap.

Attachments

• IMG_0673.PNG
    IMG_0673.PNG
    412.2 KB · Views: 254

• Mar 1 sent Tesla a request for service through the app to repair/service my wall charger- They accepted the request but told me I had to wait for parts (I assumed this was a new charger)...
  • Mar 2nd they messaged me that my appointment had been pushed until much later in March told me I had to go to a service station to get this dealt with rather than an onsite visit. I told them that I commute with 2 teslas and that I could not be without a charger for so long... So Tesla moved up the appointment and told me the parts were in stock in a different location but I would have to go there... Also a service bulletin was requiring me to go in person to their location… I asked what this was and what it had to do with my wall charger and could I please speak with someone on the phone as I was desperate to get my charging situation sorted… They responded simply that it was regarding my HVAC (which I had never spoke to them about) and did not mention the wall charger issue at all.
  • Mar 4 I sent another message asking what this HVAC business was about and what is going on with my wall charger? No response on the 4th.
  • Mar 5 They responded saying this bulletin was “added” to my visit and was regarding the heating and ventilation. I responded AGAIN asking what do I have to do to get my wall charger repaired? They then finally gave me the email address for the wall connector support team… So I emailed them and asked them to help with my situation (I still have not heard back from them). Out of desperation, I ordered a new wall charger and had it installed (again, I don’t live in the city so getting electricians out is costly).

Now that I have finally gotten my Gen 3 charger installed and managed to reach someone by phone in the warranty dept, they are telling me that I have to hire an electrician to come and put it back on, so they can test it to ensure it’s faulty… Which of course means I would then have to hire him AGAIN to put the proper one back on as well. The electrical bill will cost as much as the charger.

After 5 days without a charger and a complete runaround from the service team, I had to deal with this problem and I did. I understand (now) that they needed to conduct a test with it still connected to determine if it is faulty (even though literature everywhere indicates a solid red light means internal failure) but I feel as though the service team has failed me in and left me hanging without the means to charge my 2 Teslas. I suppose that after spending $200K I hoped for better service than this. And now I am on the hook for a new charger when the old one was still under warranty.

I want to reach out to someone higher up the food chain. I don't suppose anyone on here has any contact with someone higher than a service rep?
Tesla didn't fix your Gen 2 home charger in 3 days so you had a Gen 3 installed? Now youre annoyed they want to know it's actually busted and not done d-bag trying to upgrade for free?

• Disagree
Reactions: FlatSix911
Does anyone know how we can contact Tesla for technical support? I tried emailing that CustomerSupport email address but it bounced. When I go to the support website, it appears they disabled the contact forms, with the exception of the home charging category.
I have an infotainment question/issue and it would be silly to go to a service appointment when it's a simple software troubleshooting question.

Does anyone know how we can contact Tesla for technical support? I tried emailing that CustomerSupport email address but it bounced. When I go to the support website, it appears they disabled the contact forms, with the exception of the home charging category.
I have an infotainment question/issue and it would be silly to go to a service appointment when it's a simple software troubleshooting question.
"simple software troubleshooting question". This will cost you nothing. First do a search here on whatever/infotainment/MCU threads. Then pick one with the title that is closest to your issue. And post the question. You will get plenty of responses. Most of us have much experience and you will likely get an answer to help you.

Does anyone know how to contact a money/financial type person with Tesla?
I have been trying to find the status of refund for an overpayment on my model Y. I arranged financing and made my down payment 1/3. By the time delivery occurred on 1/13, the price had been reduced and my mpva was adjusted. This caused a -$8,240 amount due. The advisor at purchase stated that they could issue the refund and a check would be mailed in a few weeks. I was pretty worn down after a long drive and wait at pickup so didn't question too hard (stupidly I admit).

Anyway, no refund yet. I have tried every chat and phone extension possible with zero results. After explaining every single time that I'm not looking for a retroactive refund since I purchased AFTER the price drop, each department points to the other. Does anyone have a working email, phone number, or super secret passcode for getting to someone that can look into this? With the surprise overnight price drop in January, I can't be the only that is happened to!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230114-144519.png
    Screenshot_20230114-144519.png
    281.1 KB · Views: 92
Does anyone know how to contact a money/financial type person with Tesla?
I have been trying to find the status of refund for an overpayment on my model Y. I arranged financing and made my down payment 1/3. By the time delivery occurred on 1/13, the price had been reduced and my mpva was adjusted. This caused a -$8,240 amount due. The advisor at purchase stated that they could issue the refund and a check would be mailed in a few weeks. I was pretty worn down after a long drive and wait at pickup so didn't question too hard (stupidly I admit).

Anyway, no refund yet. I have tried every chat and phone extension possible with zero results. After explaining every single time that I'm not looking for a retroactive refund since I purchased AFTER the price drop, each department points to the other. Does anyone have a working email, phone number, or super secret passcode for getting to someone that can look into this? With the surprise overnight price drop in January, I can't be the only that is happened to!

I would also like to ask Tesla customer support a question. It's a specific question about the DC charging history of my vehicle so posting in the forum will not help. I emailed [email protected] and received an automated response saying "This email address is no longer monitored" and I should visit their support site. There is also no way to contact a person through the mobile app unless you are making a service appointment. Any suggestions?

You are not going to like this. Its uncommon for Tesla to provide that type assistance. From our experience, they seldom, if ever share maintenance records, charging history, even original details features with owners. There's been reports here, over the years, of people considering buying a used Tesla, and people that recently bought a used Tesla asking their local Service Center for history. I don't recall anyone ever being successful.

I've not kept up with TeslaFi, but I think when you signed up to that site/product. there was some detailed historical data that was available. As I recall, and I don't intend to sound critical of TeslaFi, there was a hook left in that connection to TeslaFi from your car. And in a few instances it had an adverse effect. I could be mistaken, but its still worth mentioning. I don't know if TeslaFi is even still available, but it might have answers you seek.